Electrical Engineer - Automotive
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Posted on: March 17, 2020
One of our partners has a job opportunity for an Electrical
Engineer at the Wilson, North Carolina Plant. This position will be
responsible for the design, installation, and continuous
improvement of machine controls to maximize safety, quality, and
operating efficiency of the plant. Strong project management and
PLC programming skills are required. Experience with Allen-Bradley
PLCs, HMIs, and power distribution equipment is desired. This
position is also responsible to support maintenance as
- Responsible for electrical expertise in single/multiple areas
of the plant.
- Responsible for maintaining the plant's high voltage electrical
- Provide technical support to internal customers.
- Manage major projects such as New Machine installation,
upgrades, etc. The Projects range from $100K to $5M.
- Lead continuous improvement and corrective action activities &
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements
are observed for any activities.
- Analyze project requirements, identify and address design
parameters, engineering challenges and ensure solutions are
implemented accurately, timely and within budget.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project scope of work and
safety requirements, Bill of Materials and spare part
- Work closely with Automation Vendors and Manage External
Contractors on Installations.
- Engineering drawing development.
- Hardware purchasing and panel build.
- PLC and HMI programming, Control System Networking & Systems
- Machine commissioning, start up, and check-out.
- Maintaining the plant's high voltage electrical
- Oversee project workflow and support internal and external
resources to ensure on-time delivery of projects, meeting quality
standards and within budget.
- Electrical, software design for automation and safety systems.
Able to maintain project scope/schedule and identify project
- Create documentation such as Training documents, Program
backup, Network diagrams, Electrical drawings, etc.
- Ability to architect programs that are simple to test, well
documented and versatile.
- Work with Cross Functional Team for successful Trials &
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar related
degree) &--2+ years related job experience.
Strong fundamental knowledge of Industrial controls and electrical
Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to
work independently and in team environments.
Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication
skills and ability to work in high output environment.
Team player with the ability to contribute in a matrix
Experience in writing/developing/programming PLCs and controls
Experience with specifying, installing, start-up and operation of
A/C inverter drives and D/C drives including Allen-Bradley (PLC 5,
Control Logix), Mitsubishi, Siemens, and General Electric
Working knowledge of Ethernet IP communications, power distribution
equipment including sizing transformers, electrical feeders, and
distribution gear for equipment loads from 120 up to 13,800
Grade level dependent on experience*
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Wilson , Electrical Engineer - Automotive, Engineering , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!