Senior Electrical Engineer
Company: Bridgestone Americas
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Company OverviewWherever you work and whatever role you fill,
when you represent the Bridgestone name you know that you are a
valued teammate who is part of our larger mission to "Serve Society
with Superior Quality." We start by offering each teammate more
than just a salary. We provide formal training, competitive
performance incentives, paid vacation and holidays, healthcare
packages for full-time and part-time employees, and a 401k plan to
help build your future.We believe people can only provide superior
service and quality to others when they are allowed to bring their
whole selves to work and know they are supported. We believe in
championing all perspectives, individuals and teams because we
understand the importance of seeing the world and our business
through many different lenses. We are building a team as diverse as
the world we serve. So, show us what you're made of. Show us the
smart stuff, the tough stuff, the bold, beautiful and brave stuff.
Because who you are is what we need.Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is
headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee and is the U.S. subsidiary of
Bridgestone Corporation headquartered in Japan. Bridgestone
Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a
wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand products
to address the needs of a broad range of customers and
industries.Business UnitBAMG - WilsonManagement
LevelProfessionalJob CategoryEngineering & SciencePosition
SummaryIf you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with an
industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated
attitude to Bridgestone Americas. We are seeking a Senior
Electrical Engineer to join our team in the Wilson, NC plant.
This facility produces a variety of tires including passenger
radial, light truck radial tread, and run-flat tires. More than
2,000 teammates work in this 2.67 million square foot facility,
which is the largest manufacturing facility within Bridgestone
In this role, the Electrical Engineer will research, develop,
design, test, and implement/install electrical components,
equipment, systems, and networks. As a Senior Professional you will
apply advanced knowledge of a job area typically obtained through
advanced education and work experience. Problems faced are
difficult and sometimes complex.Responsibilities
- Responsible for Safety Design Process: Risk Assessment, Risk
Mitigation, Dynamic Safety Testing, and Validation of Safety
- Contractor Oversight of Technical Trades: Ensure Quality of
Workmanship and Adherence to Plant/Industry Safety Rules
- Project Management: Design/Develop Project Scope, Project
Budget, Project Justification/Feasibility, Funds Request/Project
Documents Preparation, Procurement (RFQs, SAP Ordering/Budget
Tracking), Installation & Testing, Equipment Release to Production,
& Verification of Project Closing (Documentation for Maintenance,
Stock Item Request, & Lessons Learned)
- Work with cross functional team to understand scope, functional
specifications, and design requirements.
- Developing hardware assembly and wiring diagrams for control
and data acquisition systems.
- Developing control system software in PLC ladder logic,
function block, HMI programming, etc.
- Developing interfaces to plant equipment using hardwired
interfaces and industrial networks.
- Apply closed loop controls methods to control dynamic
- Develops Bill of Materials for scope of supply required on the
project and works with vendors to acquire.
- Work with maintenance, production, and engineering to resolve
problems relating to electrical or controls systems.
- Providing quality system processes such as checking the work of
others, following standard procedures, and ensuring compliance to
codes and standards.
- Supporting hardware assembly and fabrication.
- Providing cross functional team direction of checkout,
commissioning, and reliability activates
- Communicating with CFT and management regarding project
- Coordinating with other engineering disciplines and departments
to ensure success.
- Estimating system design, material, installation, checkout,
commissioning, and activation of projects.
- Planning labor resources and scheduling project milestones to
ensure project completion within technical scope, budget, and
- Developing proposals to capture future work on existing
- Leading control and data acquisition projects through all
phases to include design, fabrication, implementation, testing,
commissioning, and daily operation.Minimum QualificationsTypically
requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a
bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a master's degree; or a PhD
without experience; or equivalent work experienceBridgestone is
proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all
individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship
status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law.Employment EligibilityIf hired, a
Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at
the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need
for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.
Keywords: Bridgestone Americas, Wilson , Senior Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!