Company: UTC Aerospace Systems
Posted on: November 19, 2018
Save This JobJob is Saved
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Req ID 76171BR Date posted 11/09/2018 City Wilson
State/Province North Carolina
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, qualityand efficiency of our operations worldwide.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop* the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labsand the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
- Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
- Designs and evaluates manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; working closely with Operations and Product Development.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process database.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participates on MRB (Material Review Board), evaluate and process MRB related production items and Quality Notifications.
- Participates on CIT (Continuous Improvement Team) with Design and Quality engineers.
- Serve as Project Coordinator, coordinating outside contractors for Capital Equipment installations, equipment repairs / upgrades.
- Annual certification required by EH&S.
- Work with cross-functional teams.
- 2 years minimum related job experience
- Proficient in various software, such as Solidworks, Catia, AutoCAD, Draftsite, LabVIEW, Visio, Microsoft Office products.
- Familiar with DFMEA and PFMEA process
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing principles
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note: A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required
- Master's Degree in Engineering is preferred
UTAS4220182United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: UTC Aerospace Systems, Wilson , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!