Senior Quality Engineer
Company: Collins Aerospace
Posted on: January 28, 2019
Date Posted:2019-01-04-08:00Country:United States of AmericaLocation:HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USACollins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means were helping passengers reach their destination safely. Were connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And were providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
This position is for a seasoned Quality Engineering professional. Works as an individual contributor to achieve objectives that have a significant impact on area of responsibility. May manage Quality Engineering processes and/or projects. Uses experience and knowledge to influence the development, modification, application, and maintenance, or quality evaluation, control systems, and protocols.
- Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality evaluation, control systems and protocols.
- Provides analysis and explanations of testing and inspection plans, methods and technologies to assure reliability and conformance of products and processes.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for corrective actions for nonconformities and/or design problems for internally produced products & processes.
- Utilizes UPPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.) to identify and make recommendations for managing risk in product development.
- Manages processes to ensure all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance.
- Reviews process control documentation to ensure it is in compliance with requirements, objectives, and/or contracts.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation, control systems and protocols for materials being processed into partially finished or finished products.
- Working with product design and specification, devises testing plans, methods and equipment to assure reliability of product.
- Collaborates internally to ensure quality standards are in effect.
- Ensures that projects and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts.
- Identifies and manages risk in product development primarily utilizing and driving UPPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.).
- Develops proactive quality initiative strategies and drives their implementation.
- Performs Escape management procedures, root cause analysis, and recommends corrective action for design problems for internally produced products & processes.
- Ensures all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance.
- Designs and implements product engineering changes to satisfy quality issues raised by customers.
- Responsible for both Program and Product Quality Engineering.
- Responsible for development of new inspection technologies or methodologies to assure product conformance.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelors Degree and five years of prior relevant experience or
- Master's Degree and three years of prior relevant experience
Experience / Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in quality engineering preferred.
- Aerospace experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and successful application of tools and techniques related to Process Certification, Root cause analysis, mistake proofing, and reduction of quality escapes. (PFMEA, MSA, CpK, SPC)
- Lean manufacturing principles knowledge and application experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Window based applications.
- Working knowledge of ACE tools preferred.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Wilson , Senior Quality Engineer, Engineering , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!