Company: Bridgestone Americas
Posted on: February 15, 2019
OverviewNashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world's largest chain of automotive tire and service centers. Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.Position SummaryBridgestone Americas Tire Operations, one of the world's leading tire manufacturers, has a job opportunity for a Process Engineer at the Wilson, North Carolina Passenger Tire Plant. This position will be responsible for development, improvement and maintenance of mixing, processing and/or tire development. Monitors and improves related quality and processing areas and provides problem solving assistance for improvements in processability, quality, performance, productivity and cost. Assists Tech Center with development, experimental and investigative projects regarding compound formulas, processing and raw materials, and/or tire development and testing. Ensures compliance with company, customer and government specifications.Responsibilities
- Issue specifications and standards for assigned area of responsibility for compound, component, assembled product, curing process, or uniformity analyses. As directed, audit and assist more junior engineers with their assigned specifications.
- Evaluate production data and laboratory test results, analyze production methods and make adjustments to specifications and standards to improve quality, productivity, and reduce costs. Design and conduct experiments and trials for continuous process improvement.
- Conduct trials and experiments to develop new products and manufacturing processes. Develop new concepts for specification setting and calculations and teach more junior engineers these methods. Compile reports of technical data and recommendations on process improvements, new product, and process development for plant technical management and corporate technical center. Interface with peers at technical center and corporate headquarters to resolve technical issues associated with process improvement and product development.
- Monitor process specification compliance in assigned area and make recommendations to plant production management to improve quality, productivity, and cost. Develop and implement new processes, update and maintain existing standards for production control. Evaluate non-conforming product or material and disposition in accordance with standards. Assist with RCA investigations and make recommendations on countermeasures to prevent recurrence.
- Lead cross-functional teams and carry out special projects in support of plant goals to eliminate chronic or acute problems or attain significant process improvement. Promote use of statistical methods for in-depth analysis to solve complex problems and reveal fundamental key process input variables. Present findings to management and teammates from corporate offices.
QualificationsBS in Engineering with minimum 5 years engineering experience in manufacturing.
Keywords: Bridgestone Americas, Wilson , Process Engineer, Engineering , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!