Machine Repair Manager
Company: Ardagh Group
Posted on: July 27, 2022
- Perform administrative duties necessary for the effective
management of the department such as employee safety budget
administration, labor relations, selection and development of
employees, preventative maintenance programs, meeting
organizational goals and objectives, and measuring work performance
of the department.
- Plan and estimate costs on machine repairs for glass forming
machines as well as machine rebuild with assistance from corporate
machine group for four glass containers lines.
- Plan and direct the moving and installation of glass machines
feeder mechanisms shear mechanisms as well as related equipment and
administer an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Order replacement parts and assist in proper inventory of
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department with other departments the union and corporate.
- Comply with Environmental and Food Safety standards as set
forth in plant policies/programs within Department
- Ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree
engineering or related discipline with a minimum 5 years previous
experience as a Machine Repair Manager. Will consider equivalent
experience in place of degree.
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of supervisory
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a team-based
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to
interact effectively with all levels of the organizations.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills with good team
dynamics and possess strong planning and organizational
- Must have basic computer skills and have knowledge and
understanding of Microsoft Applications.
About Ardagh Group
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging
solutions, producing packaging for the world s leading brands. We
trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company,
founded in 1932. Since then we have grown rapidly to a team of more
than 16,000 people with revenues of almost $7 billion.
Today we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
- Did you know that Ardagh produce many of the beverage cans and
bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
- Did you know we produce metal and glass packaging which are
permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled
without any loss of quality?
- Did you know we produce more than 160 million containers per
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and have a reputation for
innovation. We push the boundaries of what s possible, pioneering
new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to
recycle and save energy.
Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while
remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success
of our people.
We strive to create working environments where our employees feel
valued, can work to their full
potential, and where their achievements are celebrated.
Here at Ardagh, we offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for
talented and creative people. If you have ambition and want to make
an impact with your career, come and join our team, you ll enjoy
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative
Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age,
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Ardagh Group, Wilson , Machine Repair Manager, Executive , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!