Engineer - Program Manager
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Engineer - Program Manager
Work as an independent manager assign to a task or project. Act as
a key customer contact to develop a clear understand of all
customer requirements and scope of work. Liaison with suppliers and
other internal departments to ensure program or project is
completed on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding
customer quality standards. Offer guidance and support to
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing
company of highly engineered products across global industries &
markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic
founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar
employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly
growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed,
you will make an impact along with other motivated & engaged
* Take new products from the concept stage to production stage.
* Ensure all program elements are being tracked so as to ensure
that budgets and timing commitments are maintained, and changes in
programs status are effectively communicated to all
* Identify capital equipment sources.
* Supervise buy-off of equipment.
* Lead APQP team and activities.
* Lead technical component specification, sourcing, and supplier
* Participate in continuous improvement efforts based on the
feedback from external and internal related performance
* Specify special tools and fixtures where required.
* Estimate cycle times for each operation in the process.
* Preparation of quotations.
* Maintain control of customer drawings and revisions.
* Ensure that the process is capable of producing parts to
* Modify the process and update all relevant documentation when
* Keep records, transmit information to other departments.
* Complete production and completion schedules to track process and
progress of projects.
* Establish, review and approve the annual budgets for departments.
Analyze the cost categories of budgets to identify the largest
areas to focus waste reduction measures.
* Lead and co-ordinate project teams which include other engineers,
technologists, clients and contractors when designing, developing
and building products.
* A university degree in engineering or equivalent.
* Completion of a Program Management Course or equivalent
* Good Communication skills and ability to coordinate projects
between engineers, contractors, technicians and suppliers
* Ability to decide appropriate materials, measuring tools, methods
and standards of equipment to use for projects
* Identify and lead continuous improvement programs
* A minimum of two years experience in a machining or manufacturing
* Ability to write technical proposals which explore new processes,
new products or quality assurance opportunities. Proposals are
usually written for non-technical audiences such as clients and
* Ability to make presentations to senior management during annual
meetings to provide an overview of areas such as product costing,
maintenance and equipment failures which need to be considered when
planning for the coming year.
* Possess problem solving skills to evaluate the ability of current
building systems to address increased demands from plant
operations. Decide when to seek technical assistance or expert
* Experience with the use of statistical analysis software and
computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining. Intermediate
to advanced proficiency in all applicable software applications
(i.e. Microsoft Office including Project, AutoCAD, SolidWorks).
* Opportunities for career advancement
* Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier
Keywords: Linamar, Wilson , Engineer - Program Manager, Executive , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!