Correspondent Counterparty Risk Manager
Company: SunTrust Banks
Posted on: November 22, 2022
The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the
Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required
to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application,
you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to
(accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Manage team responsible for the approval, evaluation and ongoing
monitoring of correspondent lender relationships. Serve as an
escalation point and provide necessary approvals within the granted
escalation authority as defined in the Truist correspondent
approval guideline. Aide senior and Executive Leadership with
effectively deploying strategic objectives for Truist Correspondent
Warehouse Lending and Truist Mortgage as a whole. Regularly
interact with risk partners to convey routine counterparty activity
and escalation rationale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not
mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to
1. Lead professional team of Counterparty Risk senior analysts,
analysts and specialists responsible for providing detailed
analysis and approval recommendations related to critical financial
ratios, business model, loan performance and capital adequacy of
new and existing correspondent sellers (commercial banks, credit
unions, independently-owned mortgage banking companies).
2. Regularly provide reporting to the Enterprise Risk function with
client and loan-level assessments including but not limited to:
financial risk, performance and quality, credit risk, operational
risk, compliance, reputational risk and control
assessments.Responsible for calculation of Risk Appetite Framework
metrics and reporting to required parties where applicable.
3. Ensure necessary reviews and deliverables are properly prepared
and submitted in accordance with approval policy and procedures.
Provide ongoing teammate coaching and ensure an effective teammate
cross-training program is in place in preparation for times of
heightened work volumes.
4. Serve as an escalation point for approval and monitoring
processes, particularly when client characteristics or performance
does not meet approval guideline requirements. Provide direction
for due diligence and documentation required. Provide exception
approval as allowed by the approval policy. Demonstrate and apply
intense risk management practices and provide timely decisions on
5. Coordinate submission of approval recommendation packages to
Mortgage Credit Risk partners when required by approval policy.
Serve as a critical liaison between Counterparty Risk and Mortgage
Credit Risk and facilitate escalated matters.
6. Routinely analyze existing counterparty risk assessment
processes and third-party services to determine their continued
value and ensure compliance with changing regulations or market
7. Develop requirements for systematic data collection and create
reports once the reporting tools are implemented. Provide routine
reporting to line of business leadership, Mortgage Credit Risk and
the Mortgage Business Unit Risk Management partners detailing
correspondent financial strength, recertification activities, loan
performance and other counterparty key performance indicators.
8. Remain up-to-date with industry changes or trends regarding
Counterparty Risk Management. Regularly leverage industry sources
and news outlets to identify changes in the current market
conditions and economic environment.
9. Draft and maintain departmental policies and procedures in
compliance with corporate policies that align with the Truist
Purpose, Mission and Values.
10. Work with management peers and line of business leadership to
design and drive strategic initiatives to better serve the
correspondent client base, improve risk monitoring program and
implement departmental process improvements.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent
education and related training
2. 7+ years of experience in any combination of risk management,
commercial credit analysis, underwriting or financial services
3. 5+ years of specialized knowledge of counterparty risk, investor
guidelines, regulatory changes and mortgage banking.
4. Advanced proficiency in financial statement, corporate structure
and product performance analysis.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an
ability to influence business leaders in a meaningful and
6. Ability to develop strategic recommendations based on relevant
data and in partnership with line of business leadership and
external partners. Ability to work collaboratively and exhibit
influence without direct control.
7. Prior leadership/management experience and ability to lead
8. Ability to comprehend new or complex matters. Ability to look
beyond symptoms to identify root causes of problems and develop
9. Ability to apply sound judgment and make swift risk-based
decisions with confidence.
10. Strong presentation skills and the ability to facilitate
1. Master's degree, MBA or equivalent training.
2. 5+ years of management experience.
3. Previous experience in a credit officer, portfolio manager,
counterparty risk or related role.
4. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
5. Previous experience in credit or underwriting adjudication.
6. CMB or AMP designation.
7. Experience leading small to medium-sized projects.
8. Cross-functional team facilitation experience.
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity
Employer that does not discriminate against individuals on the
basis of race, gender, color, religion, citizenship or national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
veteran status or other classification protected by law. Truist is
a Drug Free Workplace.
Keywords: SunTrust Banks, Wilson , Correspondent Counterparty Risk Manager, Executive , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!