Company: Collins Aerospace
Posted on: January 29, 2019
Date Posted:2018-11-13-08:00Country:United States of AmericaLocation:HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USACollins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means were helping passengers reach their destination safely. Were connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And were providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
The Contracts Manager is responsible for the performance of activities relating to proposal management for new contracts, negotiation of contract terms and conditions, creation, and negotiation of contracts and special agreements, contract flow down, negotiation of claims and settlements for labor and material costs. This may include audit, control, or liaison functions with both suppliers and customers. Overall contract compliance to divisional and standard procedures and contracts work instructions.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus: Incumbents responsibilities will generally focus on one or more of the following:
- Lead contracting positions and strategy on business terms approach with a focus on mitigating contract liability and risk by driving solid negotiating solutions
- Create solid customer-facing Agreements/Contracts
- Resolve conflicts or disputes with customers relating to contractual compliance or interpretation
- Assure that contracting policies are consistent with applicable prescribed policies
- Work closely with Customer Service Representative leads to ensure overall compliance to contract review and flow down
- Responsible for complying with direction and objectives in alignment with business unit goals and objectives
- Contributes to the department or business unit by applying their advanced knowledge of one or more functional areas
- Has expert knowledge in key facets of contracts management
- Receipt, review, and processing of customer solicitations/RFPs
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelors Degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or
- Master's Degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or
- PhD and 0+ years of prior relevant experience
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Contract Management experience
- Multi-tasking abilities, have a client focus, be adaptive, and work effectively in a time sensitive and dynamic environment
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
--- Aerospace Contract Management experience
- Master's Degree or Juris Doctorate
- Technical/engineering expertise and skills would be beneficial, but not required
- Familiarity with ACE process improvement tools
- Strong document drafting and negotiation skills, management skills, and understanding of aerospace business and legal issues
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Wilson , Contracts Manager, Executive , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!