Company: Collins Aerospace
Posted on: February 2, 2019
Date Posted:2019-01-15-08:00Country:United States of AmericaLocation:HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USACollins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means were helping passengers reach their destination safely. Were connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And were providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We are currently seeking an EH&S Generalist with a health and safety focus for the Wilson location. This position offers an exciting opportunity to lead a diverse team and manage programs for cost, schedule and technical performance attaining the highest degree of quality and customer satisfaction. Partnering with the leadership team and line supervision to ensure EH&S regulatory compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations and adherence to corporate procedures and EH&S Standard Practices as well as identification of health and safety hazards and controls to mitigate risks. Manages, implements, leads and maintains health and safety programs such as confined spaces, machine guarding, hazardous energy control (LOTO), fall protection, high hazard identification and control, risk analysis, electrical safety, hoist & rigging, incident investigation/injury management, emergency response and planning, ergonomic improvements, safety committees, internal audit program and other programs as determined. Working knowledge of SPCC, Stormwater management, permits and waste management.
- Define requirements, audit program elements, write standard work, implement and sustain regulatory compliance activities, develop and provide training and oversee site wide compliance.
- Provide timely information and guidance to EH&S customers, reporting on performance trends and root cause corrective actions for injuries and near misses; and support in the development and implementation of strategic action plans to achieve the company goal of having a hazard-free workplace, injury-free employees and an unmatched commitment to compliance and pollution prevention.
- Identify and assist in the resolution of conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards and non-compliances.
- Lead Environmental, Health and Safety audits and inspections of premises and operations in conjunction with others to monitor performance and assist the relevant line management to produce action plans to implement the necessary improvements.
- Track action items; drive robust root cause analysis/mistake proofing activities.
- Provide EHS subject matter expertise as requested.
- Ability to work independently
Perform other duties as required.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor of the Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in a related field and 6+ years of experience or
Master of Art/Master of Science with 4+ years of experience preferred
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Continuous improvement experience desired
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Strong oral and written communication and leadership skills on multiple levels
- Exhibit outstanding writing, presentation skills, and strong analytical and organizational ability.
- Strong working knowledge of EH&S management systems is essential as is demonstrated experience in the environmental and safety compliance.
Strong interpersonal skills, leadership ability, and adaptability are expected.
- Explosive safety/ DoD compliance and Hazmat certification a plus
- Additional certifications, such as CSP, CIH, P.E. or CHMM, strongly preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Wilson , Manager, Executive , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!