Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: November 11, 2019
- Well established foods manufacturing facility has a need for a
Production Manager in the meat processing department. MUST HAVE
BS/BA & MEAT EXPERIENCE
- Company has been in business for 76 years with sales at $21
billion in 2018 and expecting about a 9% increase in 2019.
- They offer fantastic benefits and are big believers in
continuous improvement and upper ward mobility
- Our Production Managers are engaged, driven, smart,
collaborative leaders who bring people together to solve problems,
drive improvements, all with a relentless eye toward producing the
highest quality product for our consumers.
- FULL Relocation assistance will be provided
- Sponsorship and visa transfers are not available--
- Supervise, direct, and monitor all meat processing/packaging
lines in accordance to the schedule, manpower, Quality Assurance,
GMP guidelines and safety requirements
- Coordinate efforts with team to reach or exceed established
standards of production, such as labor units per hour; efficiency;
OEE; and percent damaged.
- Regularly train, coach and develop supervisors in methods of
improving production processes
- Develop and update operations procedures intended to create
uniformity in the operation of equipment that serve as guides for
training among operators to reach the established standard of
quality and quantity, such as reduced downtime or waste.
- Supervise and control the completion of established standards
in reference to consumption, quality, and yield of the necessary
materials and packaging materials used in the manufacture of our
- Manage the budget with a focus on the control of labor costs
(i.e. unnecessary OT, temporary labor usage), yields and % damage
to minimize material usage, operating material control, as well as
planned maintenance spends with controls.
- Prioritize and implement control systems including appropriate
elements of TPM, LEAN, and root cause analysis to drive
standardization and reduction in variables when solving challenges.
Develop appropriate training to ensure everyone understands and can
work with these concepts.
- Develop and direct strategies conducive to attaining employee
engagement through: training and development of employees,
motivation and promoting teamwork at all levels
- Facilitate and assist employees in reaching their specific
- Four-year BS / BA degree required in a related, business or
technical field such as food science, operations management,
engineering, or the equivalent education.
- 7+ years of experience in production management / supervision,
in a meat processing, slicing, packaging environment is
- Significant experience with lean manufacturing and continuous
- Accountable, self-motivated, self-directed and has a strong
passion for safety, quality and productivity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational
- Effective mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new
- Demonstrated ability to manage both salaried professionals and
hourly production associates in executing complex, operational
- Ability to manage a 3-shift bakery operation /
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish is a plus
- Military veterans are a plus
We offer a wide variety of comprehensive benefits: Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan
with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group
Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance,
Growth potential, PTO, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous
opportunities to volunteer in the communities.--
Keywords: Job Juncture, Wilson , Production Manager, Executive , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!