VP - Operations, Labels
Company: RR Donnelley
Posted on: November 17, 2019
VP - Operations, Labels Manufacturing Wilson, NC ID: 45594
RRD has an immediate opening for our VP of Operations in Wilson,
NC. Candidates should have plant leadership experience within a
flexographic/LABELS print operation. Position Summary The
VP-Operations will have supervision over: Plant Production
Department Managers, Customer Service Manager, Plant Controller,
and Administrative Personnel. Provide executive leadership to
assigned location towards the development of plans and strategies
for continually improving safety, quality, customer relationships,
productivity, sales/new business efforts and financial success.
Provide leadership through continual employee development,
equipment utilization and facilities/systems improvement in all
functions. Monitor progress and create action plans as necessary in
order to achieve strategic plans, budgets and locations financial
success. Complete responsibility and accountability for all aspects
of the assigned location. Responsibilities
- Lead the plant to improved safety, quality, productivity and
reduction of waste on a consistent and continual basis in each and
- Lead new business development. Maintain awareness of
competitors, satisfaction of customers and market
- P&L responsibility for assigned locations, including
evaluating the success of assigned location and informing
corporation of results as required.
- Work to improve the performance of employees through consistent
and continual leadership in education and training programs.
- Provide guidance and direction to department managers regarding
the continual improvement of operations for which they have
- Review and evaluate manufacturing activities, performances and
results. Initiate team action to identify and remove problems with
schedules, excessive costs, materials or other factors affecting
quality, safety, service or productivity levels inconsistent with
plant continual improvement efforts.
- Maintain open communication with plant employees to improve
safety, quality and productivity.
- Insure compliance with applicable laws and regulations issued
by OSHA, EPA, EEO, and other federal, state and local regulatory
- Provide reports and feedback of plant performance to Corporate
Staff as required.
- Make recommendations regarding hires, terminations, promotions,
transfers, training and merit increases of Plant Personnel.
Motivate staff in support of department objectives and timely and
effective schedules to ensure production goals.
- Demonstrate commitment to continual process improvement efforts
in order to assure that all customer expectations (internal and
external) are exceeded.
- Responds to sales issues when required. Hosts sales and/or
customers visits in-house. Travels to customers and other locations
- Perform other related duties and business related as required.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Required Skills Bachelors Degree in Business, Industrial
Management, Engineering, Graphic Arts or related field. Education
requirements may be substituted with advanced years of progressive
Managerial and/or Executive experience working in a printing or
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be able to communicate well with all levels of management,
including corporate management.
- Must be able to communicate well with management team,
supervision and employees regarding problem areas and quality
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate customer and sales requirements.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in a
client-focused, project or product management environment,
preferably in a printing or mailing industry.
- Requires extensive experience directing operations and
processes in a printing or mailing industry.
- Ability to lead multi-functional groups, motivate, train and
evaluate staff, and manage customer reporting on progress, costs,
- Must have a complete understanding of process design and
analysis and organizational planning.
- Must be self-motivated and driven individual who is willing to
take the initiative. Must be a leader and believe in strong
commitment to values.
- Must be willing to make difficult (possibly unpopular)
decisions. Approachable with ego in check; flexible; high energy
level; and integrity beyond reproach.
- Must have 5+ years demonstrated ability to manage others.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, LotusNotes
or other internet application, MIPPS, SAP, AS400).
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work any hours, including weekends, as needed
to get the job done.
Keywords: RR Donnelley, Wilson , VP - Operations, Labels, Executive , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!