RN Clinical Nurse - Woman's and Infants
Posted on: September 8, 2023
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over
40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
A Registered Nurse at Wayne UNC Health Care is a member of the
patient care team who, with knowledge of the nursing process,
provides leadership in applying scientific principles and
professional skills aimed at caring for the ill, preventing disease
and maintaining optimum health. The RN assists the provider in
carrying out a therapeutic regimen for each patient and directs
other licensed and non-licensed nursing teammates in providing
nursing care to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of
individual patients. The RN implements the nursing process in order
to provide professional holistic patient care. Provides all nursing
services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of
the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.*This
position qualifies for a 24k Commitment
1. Uses the nursing process to plan, provide, supervise and
document professional nursing care delivered to patients in
accordance with provider orders, hospital and nursing standards,
established policies and procedures, and regulations.
2. Individualizes the plan of care using professional nursing
judgment based on the patient's baseline needs and response to
care. Evaluates patient progress and updates care plan accordingly.
Maintains accountability for carrying out components of the plan of
3. Demonstrates competence in care of patients with complex
problems, including population-appropriate physical, psychosocial,
educational and safety aspects of care. Performs bedside point of
care testing as required for patient care plan. Organizes and
prioritizes care according to patient/family needs. Consults with
appropriate resources in a timely fashion regarding patients with
complex care issues, unusual teaching needs and/or those at high
risk for discharge planning.
4. Collaborates and communicates effectively with providers,
interdisciplinary teammates, patients and their families.
5. Follows the systems that support the nursing process and
delivers safe and effective patient care.
6. Understands and complies with regulatory guidelines.
7. Monitors the activities of other licensed or unlicensed
teammates and delegates appropriately. Provides direction, training
and guidance in the proper use, care and control of material
8. Assists teammates in the delivery of nursing care and provides
direct patient care as indicated.
9. May act as team leader or charge nurse as assigned.
10. Completes continuing education, professional development and
in-service programs to meet regulatory and job requirements. Keeps
current on trends and developments in area of practice.
11. Guides the professional growth of others within the department
through precepting, role modeling, coaching and/or mentoring.
12. Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
13. Keeps leadership informed of any problems or concerns.
14. Participates in performance improvement activities,
departmental committees and other operational projects as
15. Promotes a safe, clean environment.
16. Presents and promotes a professional demeanor at all times,
establishes high standards of customer service, supports
responsibility, pride, and teamwork, remains calm under pressure,
and offers reasonable solutions for problems.
17. Demonstrates appropriate interaction with and provides
recommended care and services to all patients.
18. Ensures the delivery of age appropriate, culturally sensitive,
and ethical care for patients.
19. Applies knowledge of principles of standard precautions.
Routinely uses PPE to avoid risk of exposure to self and
20. Takes appropriate care of material resources and equipment.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Current Registered Nurse Licensure in North Carolina
* Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support
certifications as required by department.
* Additional certifications may be required by assigned
At least one year of experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice and
* Ability to apply the nursing process appropriately.
* Ability to assess the nursing needs of acute and chronically ill
* Ability to perform independently within scope of practice, and to
* Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Good organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking
* Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in
* Proficient with EMR/ Epic, and able to learn new software
* Ability to stand, walk and meet the physical requirements of the
job. for duration of shift.
Valid NC Driver's License: No
If driving a UNC Health Wayne vehicle, must be 21 years old and MVR
must be approved by Risk Management.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: Wayne HealthEntity: Wayne UNC Health
Organization Unit: 2 WIC Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of
Job: WAYNE MEDExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: Nurse.com, Wilson , RN Clinical Nurse - Woman's and Infants, Healthcare , Goldsboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!