AIDE / HOMEMAKER-HOSPICE-PRN
Company: LHC Group
Posted on: May 11, 2019
OverviewLHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for
hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and
hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services,
we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients
to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose:?It's all about helping people.?Additional Details
- Under the direction and ongoing supervision of a registered
nurse, provides personal direct patient care services as
established and delegated in the Plan of Care on a daily
- Reports after patient encounter to the Executive Director, or
designee, regarding the patient's condition or environment,
following the Care Management process on as needed basis..
- Provides assistance with the following ADLs during each patient
visit: mobility, transfers, walking, grooming, bathing, dressing or
undressing, eating or toileting.
- Performs incidental household services essential to the
patient's health care at home conducting household services that
are necessary to prevent or postpone institutionalization on as
- Completes a clinical note for each visit which must be
incorporated into the patient's record at least on a weekly
- Participates in the in-service program per online educational
forum, completing at least six hours of in-services every six
months. Must have a minimum of 12 hours of in-service training
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality on a regular
- Participates in QAPI plan or process identifying any problems
and reporting administrator on a daily or as needed basis.
- Provides emotional support & compassionate care to the patient
& family on regular basis.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.??QualificationsLicense
- Current CPR certification requirements.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.Additional State
- AL, AZ, ID, LA, MI, MS, MO, PA, SC, VA, WV - Successful
completion of a competency evaluation.
- AR: Required to meet at least one of the following: 1) at least
one year of experience in an institutional setting (home health
agency, hospital, hospice, or long-term facility) verified by a
previous employer. 2) Certificate issued by the state of Arkansas
for working in long term care facilities-copy must be available for
review. OR 3) Completion of 40 hour aide training course meeting
requirements of AR regulations. In lieu of training course, a
nursing student may qualify as a hospice aide by submitting
documentation from the Director of Programs and-or the Dean of a
School of Nursing that reflects the nursing student has
demonstrated competency in providing basic nursing care in
accordance with the school's curriculum.
- GA: Required to meet at least one of the following: Georgia
certified nursing aide with current certification, or Individuals
who have completed and can provide validation or documentation of
completion of a home health aide training and competency evaluation
program conducted in a Medicare-certified home health agency. The
program must be conducted through classroom and supervised
practical training totaling at least 75 hours.
- NC: Successful completion of a competency evaluation program
and is listed on the Nurse Aide Registry at the Division of Health
- NV: Certification is required
- TN: A person who has completed a total of seventy-five (75)
hours of training which included sixteen (16) hours of clinical
training prior to or during the first three (3) months of
employment and who is qualified to provide basic services,
including simple procedures as an extension of therapy services,
personal care regarding nutritional needs, ambulation and exercise,
and household services essential to care at home.
- TX: May not be listed on the Employee Misconduct Registry, have
been revoked from the Nurse Aide Registry, or had acriminal
conviction listed in Health and Safety Code Chapter 250.
- WA: Must be registered or certified by the Washington
Department of Health.Skill Requirements
- Mature and able to deal effectively with the demands of a
hospice aide position.
- Must be able to read, write, and carry out directions promptly
Keywords: LHC Group, Wilson , AIDE / HOMEMAKER-HOSPICE-PRN, Healthcare , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!