Weekend RN - Full Time - $2,500 Sign on Bonus!
Company: AseraCare Hospice
Posted on: August 8, 2019
AseraCare Hospice is seeking a Registered Nurse Case Manager!Job
Location: Allentown, PA--Shift: Fridays at 5PM through Monday at
8AMYou're more than a Continuity of Care RN at AseraCare Hospice.
With your vast experience, you know quality care and that's why
we've entrusted you to join together with a team of spiritual care
coordinators, social workers and counselors. That's because we know
you'll go to any length for our patients during their end-of-life
journeys. You'll ensure patients receive care on a variety of
levels because at AseraCare Hospice, we consider the whole patient.
That's why you'll participate in our interdisciplinary approach
while simultaneously leading by example and setting only the
highest standards. You'll engage with the patient's entire family
to help them and other caregivers understand and support the
process. You'll see your impact in this highly valuable role every
day, as you adjust to new working environments and make a profound
difference in the lives you touch. We are looking for qualified and
compassionate candidates with considerable nursing experience. You
are independent, flexible, a leader and ready to inspire our
talented medical professionals to uphold our promise of quality
care.--The Continuity of Care RN Nurse responds to calls from
patients, families, caregivers, and referral sources. The nurse
assesses, utilizes critical thinking and gives advice or delivers
care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment,
planning, interventions, implementation, and evaluation; and
effectively interacts with patients, significant others, and other
interdisciplinary team members while maintaining standards of
professional nursing and clinical competency.--ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Responding to calls from Triage Center and Triaging patient
related calls by determining the needs of the caller and then
responding in an appropriate manner either by phone or with a
- Implementing changes to the plan of care as needed with
interdisciplinary collaboration with the support of the hospice
medical director and / or the attending physician.
- Documenting and communicating all calls, interventions, care
plan changes, physician contacts in a manner consistent with policy
and procedure. Documenting accurate assessment of patient status
and updating the plan of care utilizing appropriate communication
(verbal, electronic, written, email documents and databases).
Document at time of patient visit or admission the patient care
reflecting nursing interventions, patient response to care,
focusing on the patient's goals.
- Assisting patients, family members or caregivers with concern
and empathy; respect confidentiality and privacy and communicate in
a courteous and respectful manner.
- Attending patient deaths to provide support to the patient's
family, in a manner consistent with policy and procedure. Provide
bereavement resources to the family as appropriate.
- Responding to referrals calls, providing the caller with
information regarding hospice care, screening calls for
appropriateness, taking patient information.
- Performing patient admission visits in a manner consistent with
policy and procedure and communication of new patient status to the
- Maximize non-patient care time by completing chart audits,
facility medication reviews, facility record audits and enhance
hospice awareness in the community through family meetings,
collaboration meetings and in-services.--QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- Preferably a minimum one (1-2) years-experience in hospice,
home health, or community health
- Must have current certification for CPR
- Minimum one year recent professional nursing experience
- Computer skills including Electronic Medical Records and
- Must be available nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be a licensed driver with a reliable automobile that is
insured in accordance with state and/or organization
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the hospice philosophy of
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
- Sensitive to the needs of patients with advanced illness and
families and one's own feelings about dying and
death.----Call--844-333-4708 or Apply Online Today!!
Keywords: AseraCare Hospice, Wilson , Weekend RN - Full Time - $2,500 Sign on Bonus!, Healthcare , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!