CNA Hospice Nurse Aide / Homemaker
Company: Hospice of Wilson Medical Center
Posted on: October 6, 2019
Under the supervision of Hospice nurses, the Hospice aide provides
direct patient care and services as established in the patient's
Plan of Care. The Hospice Aide must be compassionate, mature and
able to handle the needs of a Hospice patient and their family.
This employee must also have access to a dependable vehicle and be
willing to travel to see patients.
Hospice of Wilson Medical Center a part of LHC Group is the
preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and
families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term
acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
- Under the direction and ongoing supervision of a registered
nurse, provides personal direct patient care services as
established and delegated in the Plan of Care on a daily
- Reports after patient encounter to the Executive Director, or
designee, regarding the patient's condition or environment,
following the Care Management process on as needed basis..
- Provides assistance with the following ADLs during each patient
visit: mobility, transfers, walking, grooming, bathing, dressing or
undressing, eating or toileting.
- Performs incidental household services essential to the
patient's health care at home conducting household services that
are necessary to prevent or postpone institutionalization on as
- Completes a clinical note for each visit which must be
incorporated into the patient's record at least on a weekly
- Participates in the in-service program per online educational
forum, completing at least six hours of in-services every six
months. Must have a minimum of 12 hours of in-service training
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality on a regular
- Participates in QAPI plan or process identifying any problems
and reporting administrator on a daily or as needed basis.
- Provides emotional support & compassionate care to the patient
& family on regular basis.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current CPR certification requirements.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Additional State Specific Requirements
- NC: Successful completion of a competency evaluation program
and is listed on the Nurse Aide Registry at the Division of Health
- Mature and able to deal effectively with the demands of a
hospice aide position.
- Must be able to read, write, and carry out directions promptly
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Hospice of Wilson Medical Center, Wilson , CNA Hospice Nurse Aide / Homemaker, Healthcare , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!