Company: Lowe's Companies, Inc.
Posted on: September 19, 2022
What You Will Do
All Lowe's associates deliver quality customer service while
maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the
products our customers need. As a Head Cashier, this means:
* Delivering a checkout experience that is quick, professional, and
* Ensuring merchandise is accurately scanned and meets the needs of
* Engaging in safe work practices and encouraging others to do the
The Head Cashier is responsible for providing excellent customer
service during the checkout process. This associate is likely the
last interaction with our customer before leaving the store and
needs to ensure the customer is satisfied and encouraged to come
back to Lowe's. Therefore, engaging with customers as well as
attention to detail are extremely important in this role. As Head
Cashier, he/she provides supervision, coaching, and support to the
Customer Service Associate - Front End Team. Depending on the
specific work shift, this associate may also help open or close the
front-end of the store.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel;
however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings,
trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
* Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up
to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required
based on the needs of the store.
* Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of
* Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged
standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job
* Minimally must be able to lift 10 pounds without assistance; may
lift over 10 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
* 6 months of experience using a computer, including inputting,
accessing, modifying, or outputting information.
* 6 months experience using common retail technology, such as smart
phones and tablets.
* 1 year of retail experience as a cashier.
* Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may
be required by law.
* 1 year of experience identifying and selling products based on
customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on
sales, protection plans, and explaining warranties, product
features, and benefits.
* 1 year of experience as a head cashier.
* 6 months experience working in any department at a Lowe's retail
* 1 year of supervisory experience in any field, including
directing, delegating, evaluating, training, and coaching
* 6 months of retail experience detecting common signs of
shoplifting (e.g., merchandise hidden inside of containers,
merchandise under carts, price labels switched).
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license
for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the
requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting
employment in this position.
Keywords: Lowe's Companies, Inc., Wilson , FT-Head Cashier, Hospitality & Tourism , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!