Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse
employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of
the unique communities we serve.
Prepares all bakery products and desserts for patient and teammate
meals. Maintains organization and sanitation in the bakery
1. Prepares, bakes, cuts and portions bakery products and
2. Follows ServSafe sanitation policies and procedures for
preparation, storage and service of bakery products.
3. Cleans and sanitizes work areas.
4. Processes, stores and utilizes leftover foods.
5. Stocks baked goods in cafeteria according to Quality Standards
6. Keeps supervisor informed of any concerns or problems.
7. Attends allergy, foodborne illness, and safety in-service
8. Attends scheduled staff meetings.
9. Follows ServSafe sanitary handling procedures with food
preparation, food service, and equipment operation.
10. Complies with all departmental policies and standards.
11. Is available to work a flexible schedule including evenings,
weekends and some holidays.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
None or required.
At least six months in baking.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
--- Knowledge of basic institutional cooking procedures and
--- Ability to follow standardized recipes and measure ingredients
--- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and
communication levels with teammates (co-workers), supervisors,
administration, and general public. Demonstrates good customer
service skills in all interactions.
--- Must be able to manage time.
--- Maintains a positive attitude.
--- Is able to meet the physical requirements of the job, which
include working for several hours in a standing position,
significant walking, and dealing with slippery floors, hot pans,
liquids and foods.
--- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in
Valid NC Driver's License: No
If driving a Wayne UNC Vehicle, must be 21 years old and MVR must
be approved by Risk Management.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Food&Nutr Svcs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Wilson , Baker, Hospitality & Tourism , Goldsboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!