Senior Supervisor Manufacturing - 3rd shift
Company: UTC Aerospace Systems
Posted on: November 25, 2018
Senior Supervisor Manufacturing - 3rd shift Apply Now Save This JobJob is Saved Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems Req ID 74813BR Date posted 10/17/2018 City Wilson State/Province North Carolina When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop* the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs Sensors & Integrated Systems, a business unit of UTC Aerospace Systems, is leading provider of cutting-edge sensors and sensor-based systems for the commercial aerospace and defense industries including electronic flight bags, air data systems, ice detection and protection systems, fuel measurement and management systems, guidance navigation and control systems, health and usage management systems, rescue hoists, mission data recorders and sensing suites for aircraft engines. SIS is headquartered in Burnsville, MN and has 4 reporting segments:
- Air Data, MEMs and Flight Management Systems (AMFMS) with locations in MN and India
- Inertial, Control and Aircraft Management Systems (ICAMS) with locations in UK, CT and VT
- De-icing, Rescue and Specialty Systems (DRSS) with locations in CA, OH, WV and France
- Fire Protection Systems (FPS) with locations in NC, Germany, France and UK We are currently seeking a production supervisor for the Wilson location. Kidde FPS is a global organization of close to 900 employees with offices in the UK, Australia, France and Germany and headquartered in Wilson, North Carolina, USA. Kidde FPS is part of UTC Aerospace Systems, a global organization of over 42,000 employees worldwide. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. UTC Aerospace Systems is a division of United Technologies Corporation, one of the world?s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers an exciting opportunity to lead a diverse team and manage programs for cost, schedule and technical performance attaining the highest degree of quality and customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for providing supervision to a skilled and semiskilled labor force to meet daily rates of production output in the manufacturing environment. Emphasis is placed on safety, productivity, quality, and delivery performance. Incumbent must be proficient in the use of PC and applicable software applications, a good communicator able to work with people and produce results in a fast paced, highly collaborative work environment. Incumbent will work with all levels of management to ensure that production activities are aligned to achieve established goals for productivity, quality, costs and delivery performance. The incumbent in this position will exercise judgment and discretion in determining ways to affect productivity in his/her area of responsibility. Position reports to the manufacturing manager with accountability to ensure the enhancement of production through the effective use of resources and labor provided for the respective manufacturing area. Experience working with aerospace products, procedures, and specifications to ensure product integrity and quality is highly desirable Primary Responsibilities:
- Supervises daily work flow of production employees and production operations.
- Reviews and monitors production schedules; prioritizes and communicates work assignments accordingly and ensures production levels are met.
- Conducts employee performance assessments and makes recommendations regarding the movement of personnel; works with HR to ensure timely, consistent, and impartial discipline is administered when necessary.
- Actively participates in the selection, placement and retention of highly motivated and productive personnel for the manufacturing area.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and recommends measures to improve production methods; ensures compliance with standard operating procedures and safety rules and regulations.
- Participates on Integrated Product Team to ensure manufacturing needs are addressed by various functional groups. Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- Experience working with aerospace products, procedures, and specifications to ensure product integrity and quality is highly desirable
- Minimum of 3 years work related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Work experience should include supervision of production workforce, or quality control operations with proven leadership skills and supervisory; results oriented with ability to multi task and handle deadlines in a fast-paced environment Education:
- Bachelor?s degree with 3+ years of manufacturing supervisor experience, required
- Master?s degree with 2+ years of manufacturing supervisor experience, preferred Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.Note:
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year UTAS4220182United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to [Click Here to Email Your Resum?]. Apply Now
Keywords: UTC Aerospace Systems, Wilson , Senior Supervisor Manufacturing - 3rd shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!