The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) Overview:
2nd Shift Monday - Friday
11:00am - 7:30pm
The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B), located in Clayton, NC right
outside of Raleigh, is responsible for repairing and maintaining
all medium to heavy duty customer vehicles and equipment (class 8
semis, reefer trailers and trailers with liftgates) which includes
routinely performing preventative maintenance and corrective
maintenance to ensure efficient vehicle operations. The Diesel
Maintenance Tech (B) will perform job duties independentlywith
little to no supervision & must be equipped with personal tool box.
Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will also be responsible for coaching
and mentoring Diesel Maintenance Tech (C) employees as needed.
Basic knowledge and understanding of repairing or replacing all
structural, body and mechanic parts of a trailer, reefer trailers a
plus. Must be proficient with brakes, drivelines and mechanical
engine components on tractors. Strong electrical experience with
the ability to diagnose & repair all electrical systems, up to and
including emissions and engine components. Must possess basic
computer entry (PC) skills.
* Diesel/automotive trade school diploma (+) 3 years previous
experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance or 3-5 years
verifiable experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance.
* DOT Brake/Annual inspector certified.
* Proficient welding and metal fabrication skills.
* Diagnose and repair or replace lights, wiring and GPS tracking
* Diagnose and repair ABS and air brake systems.
* Must complete all required paperwork, adhere to and maintain a
high level of housekeeping.
* Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
* Basic computer skills.
* Basic truck driving skills.
* Operate with minimal supervision.
* Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external
* Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines
* Must be at least 21 years old
* ASE Certification preferred.
* DOT Brake/Annual Inspection certification
* High school diploma or equivalency required
* Clean driving record
* Must have valid driver's license
* No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to
yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during
the previous three years
* No more than one accident in the previous three years
* No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
* Diesel trade school diploma plus three (3) to five (5) years
previous experience in heavy duty truck maintenance, or
* Five (5) or more years verifiable experience in heavy duty
* CDL-A or ability to obtain within ninety (90) days of
* Competitive pay based on years of experience
* Career Advancement Opportunities
* Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
* Vacation & Holiday Pay
* Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
* Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
Red Classic is an Equal Opportunity Employer