Day Shift - Utility Operator
Company: SWM International
Posted on: October 15, 2020
At SWM, Essential isn t just what we make. It s what we do.
Every day, our papers, films, and nets and non-wovens are used in a
diverse range of products, applications and industries around the
world. As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers,
resins and polymers, we provide solutions to make products
stronger, more durable and with increased performance. From
accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to
protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and
military, to support layers for filtration and Reverse Osmosis (RO)
applications for clean drinking water and much more, we are proud
to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets
they operate in and the products they improve.
We have an opportunity for a Utility Operator (Machine Operator) in
our Advanced Materials and Structures business. The Utility
Operator is responsible for successful operation of production
equipment consisting of the separation of fibers on the blend lines
to operation on the winder at the finish product end. Operator on a
non-woven media production line which manufactures air filtration
What You\'ll Do:
* Follows all company established methods, policies, rules,
practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product
qualify, and efficient operations.
* Assist with line start-up and shutdown according to
* Assist with set-up styles, including necessary adjustments, by
use of set-up sheets/guidelines
* Develop, monitor, and maintain input reports; check quality at
start of shift and ensure qualify of all product throughout
* Maintain a clean line, adhere to all plant safety, qualify, and
* Demonstrate leadership, team building, and dedication.
* Follow detailed procedures to operate moving machinery.
* Production Experience is a Plus
* Mechanical Aptitude Preferred
* Basic Math, Reading and Writing skills Required
* Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance
* Ability to use a ruler or other measurement tools to ensure
products meet customer expectations
* Ability to read and understand prints (part dimensions,
* Experience with precision measuring instruments such as calipers,
micrometers and dedicated check fixtures and other hand tools is a
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
* All applicants must pass a pre-employment physical, background
check and drug screen
Day Shift Hours from 7AM-7PM
Week #1-Monday, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday
Week #2- Sunday, Wednesday & Thursday
Rotating Schedule where you work 15 days a month versus 20 days!
Our employees in this schedule enjoy the benefits of a full-time
position and more time with their family!
Benefits and Perks:
* Competitive weekly pay with the opportunity to advance
* Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
* Retirement Plan
* Holiday Pay
* Paid Time Off
* Tuition Reimbursement
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International
is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in
the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If
you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at
SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at
Keywords: SWM International, Wilson , Day Shift - Utility Operator, Other , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!