Quality Assurance Supervisor
Posted on: April 10, 2021
This position is second shift (2p-10:30p)
- Must understand and become proficient with Real SPC, SAP, Food
Safety and Quality Plans, Water Treatment, Batching Process,
Internal Sanitation, Microbiology, Environmental Monitoring
Programs, and Product Testing Requirements.
- Must learn all aspects of applicable regulations to include
SQF, State, City, Federal, Kosher, and customer requirements.
- Track departmental KPI s to effectively manage daily
requirements w/ respect to budgetary deliverables.
- Must learn the details of RealSPC. The supervisor must know how
to track and trend data, interpret/analyze the data, enter new
products, and update specifications.
- Must learn the details of SAP, specifically the Quality Module.
The supervisor must know how to post process orders, access
Finished Goods reports, access PM s for printing and entering
completed PM s, access negative inventory, and know how to perform
a mock recall through the system.
- Must be familiar w/ the local QMS Policies and Procedures, and
respective SOPs. The supervisor must practically understand how the
quality data is achieved and must be proficient w/ laboratory
testing methods, product standards/specifications, and demonstrate
technical decision making.
- Communicate Site Quality Objectives, Policies, and Procedures
to associates across all functional departments and maintain
- Maintain laboratory equipment in good working condition to
include scheduling preventative maintenance and calibration
requirements. Stock and order lab and sanitation supplies and
- The supervisor needs to understand basic chemistry, laboratory
equipment, root cause analysis, food safety and food quality
metrics/limits. Must be proficient w/ making in-process batch
- Comprehensive skills within RealSPC and the use of reporting
tools to query, audit and track the following: product spec limits,
product control limits, hold product, employee benchmarks, and
certificates of analysis.
- Comprehend and utilize the plant financials, fixed and variable
costs. Understand how other cost centers affect QC results, how
production volume affects all costs, and how to manage variable
- The supervisor will interact cross departmental. The supervisor
will work on Continuous Improvement projects such as yields
improvement, reduction of waste, equipment calibrations, developing
lab technicians, and cost reduction. These projects are led by the
supervisor and range from 2-10 team members.
- QC Leadership Team effectively manages to achieve Quality KPIs
and CI project goals. Track and manage costs, reduce waste,
employee training, and maintain department morale.
- Daily interaction with Self-Managed Work Teams.
- Long term goal is for this supervisor to become SQF
Practitioner and the Quality Manager. Long term the supervisor will
be sent to SQF training. The current SQF practitioner will also
provide hands on experience to ensure success. SQF practitioner
training is a build block for the supervisor to become Quality
Manager. Other development will be needed in finance, project
management, regulations, and new product development in order to
become a Quality Manager.
- Strong training and personal development skills in order to
drive new productivity goals as defined from time to time.
- Participate in planning future capital requirements, develop
the capital request utilizing the current format and manage capital
projects to their successful completion.
- Have an understanding of SQF, responsibility for Food Safety
/Food Quality and the responsibility to take action when notified
or becomes aware of any Food Safety or Food Quality issue.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient in Excel, Word, SAP and Power Point
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, results oriented
- Organized and detail oriented, adaptable to change
- This is where we would add the differentiations for
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor s degree or Diploma in Food Science, Quality or
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Quality within a manufacturing
environment, preferably food/beverage industry
- Knowledge of quality systems (GMP, HACCP, SQF) certification
- Physical-Continuously standing or walking.
- Visual/Sensory-This position requires regular need to give
moderate attention with one or two senses at a time.
- Work environment- Work and environment are very
- Mental Stress- There is pronounced pressure from deadlines,
production quotas, accuracy or similar demands.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Refresco, Wilson , Quality Assurance Supervisor, Other , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!