Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000
diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and
well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides patient care within the scope of practice for the
licensed Registered Nurse. Facilitates patient flow and assists
with prioritization of work assignments.
1. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and
2. Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the
scope of practice for the Registered Nurse, to include patient
assessment, assisting with exams and procedures, administering
medications, and patient education.
3. Processes orders, returns patient calls, and notifies of
diagnostic results as directed by the physician.
4. Appropriately documents care provided in the patient's
5. Facilitates effective patient flow and assists with
prioritization of work assignments.
6. Assists with the maintenance of adequate levels of supplies
and performs and documents medical equipment safety checks.
7. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics.
Recognizes, supports and utilizes evidence based nursing
8. Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory
guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention
policies and procedures. Participates in unit based performance
9. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting
with patients, families, and visitors. Exhibits effective
communication and team work.
Diploma, Associate Degree (ADN) or Bachelors Degree (BSN) from
an accredited school of Nursing.
Licensed to practice as Registered Nurse in North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Previous experience in physician office, urgent care, emergency
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document
clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate
information and respond to questions from patients, physicians,
family members, and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability
to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and
proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to
define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Wilson
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable