Inspector Packer I
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Position: Inspector Packer I
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Position Summary: To visually inspect and pack the manufactured
product to ensure quality requirements are met before packing in an
approved shipping container.
- Comply with and have a working knowledge of all Sonoco safety
rules/regulations including; equipment manufacturer
recommendations, and agency rules (OSHA).
- Receives daily work assignment from the Shift Supervisor.
- Visually inspect plastic products for defects using an approved
sample as a model.
- Perform quality checks as product is coming off the machine.
Accurately place acceptable products in an appropriate shipping
- Accurately identify non-conforming products produced and place
in the "hold" bin for further disposition.
- Timely report all recurring non-conforming issues to the
Thermoforming Operator responsible for the line, Shift Supervisor
and Quality Department.
- Follow customer specific work instructions regarding packing of
- Place full shipping containers on skid for removal from
- Make and deliver boxes for assigned production areas. Install
box liners for required product lines according to product
- Move product using pallet jack to correct areas. When moving
- Ensure all labels and tags are visible and secure for accurate
processing by Shipping and Quality Inspectors.
- Able to pack all products across various machines regardless of
format, up to a 20 cavity tool.
- Pack and inspect products in the labeling area.
- Provide on the job training to new Packers.
- Keep assigned work area clean, neat, organized and free from
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be motivated and possess a high attention to detail.
- Act as a team player, helping out other coworkers to accomplish
- Work a 12-hour shift while keeping good punctuality and
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience with assembly, hand work or packing.
- To observe all safety rules/regulations and perform duties in a
safe and efficient manner.
- To show-up for work on time and work all scheduled shifts.
- To set an example that is consistent with the position
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in a positive way and
in the spirit of cooperation and support of others.
- To fully meet the duties and responsibilities of the
- To treat people fairly, equally and with respect.
- To be honest at all times and to conduct oneself with the
highest degree of personal integrity.
- To communicate the right information, to the appropriate
people, in an effective and timely manner.
- To take "pride" in the company and help make it a success.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit
and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or
any other covered persons because of race, color, religion,
national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected
Keywords: Sonoco, Wilson , Inspector Packer I, Other , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!