A great job-and a great future-awaits you at Smithfield Foods.
As the world's largest pork processor and hog producer, we're a
$15-billion global food company with more than 52,000 employees.
We're looking for motivated people who want to join our team and
grow lasting and meaningful careers with us.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits among the best in the
- A variety of career paths, including:
- Quality Assurance/Food Safety
- Opportunities for career growth
- Tuition assistance
Production employees at Smithfield handle materials and use hand
tools, knives, machinery, and equipment to help deliver good food
responsibly to America's dinner table. Production team members at
Smithfield perform physically demanding work that requires good
hand-eye coordination, attention to detail, strength and stamina.
Team members must be available to work scheduled hours, which may
include mandatory overtime, depending upon production demands.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Applicants must be willing and able to:
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Perform a task requiring continuous/repetitive movement,
including grasping, pinching hands, flexing, and extending
- Stand on concrete and/or platforms for up to a 12-hour
- Work around animal blood and/or carcass parts
- Work with a knife (if trained)
- Work in cold areas (approximately 20-40 degrees) and/or warm
areas (over 100 degrees)
- Work in an environment that is wet and humid
- Work while wearing a hard hat, hearing/eye protection, and
steel-toed safety shoes
- Work in a noisy environment using personal protective equipment
- Work with sanitation/cleaning chemicals
- Work around strong smells/odors
- Climb/move on ladders, steps, stairways, walkways and
- Bend, stoop, and twist repetitively over the course of an
- Walk long distances
- This work is physically demanding and can require the use of
some or all body parts and muscle groups. Some positions may
require repetitive overhead lifting up to 30 lbs, single lifting of
heavy objects which can weigh up to 60 lbs, or lifting of objects
using mechanical assistance.
- Additional essential functions may be applicable to specific
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods,
Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a
global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are
dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly." and have made us
one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two
decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious
commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We
believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have
donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in
need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands,
such as Smithfield, Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others.
For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect
with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to
workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender
identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled
individual or any other protected group status or non-job
characteristic as directed by law.