Posted on: June 6, 2021
Position Summary: Responsible for safely operating the
Thermoforming equipment in an efficient and effective manner.
Responsible for producing quality products with minimal scrap and
downtime. This position takes direction from and reports directly
to the Shift Supervisor.
- Comply with and have a working knowledge of all Sonoco safety
rules/regulations including; equipment manufacturer
recommendations, and agency rules (OSHA).
- Perform and complete the safety checklist at the beginning of
each shift. Identifying and reporting issues immediately to
- Have knowledge of and comply with all SOP's and JSA's related
to operating the thermoforming line including personal protection
equipment, lock-out/tag-out, housekeeping, MSDS, etc.
- Report to appropriate management personnel any policy
violations, safety incidents, quality issues or other similar facts
and circumstances that could either put other employees and/or the
Company in jeopardy.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively and efficiently start up and
shutdown the thermoforming equipment in a safe manner.
- Operate and continuously monitor the thermoforming machine,
adjusting the machine only when necessary to ensure customer
requirements are sustained.
- Must be able to operate both the Syncor and Lyle thermoforming
- Troubleshoot quality and processing problems and make
- Set molds as required.
- Operate a forklift or other equipment to move materials and
products from one area to another.
- Responsible to assist in training of temporary employees,
packers, and other operators working on the machine as it relates
to standards of production, housekeeping, quality, and safety.
- Accurately measure machine performance, scrap, waste, and
- Completes production reports and all paperwork as
- Provides breaks for other Operators and line workers.
- Keeps assigned work area clean, neat, organized and free from
- Regularly, evaluate the Standard Operation Procedures and
recommends improvement opportunities
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal, listening and written communications
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimum
- Must possess a high attention to detail.
- Must have the necessary skills to perform reading, writing and
mathematics in English as required.
- Must be able to multitask effectively, handle demanding
schedules and effectively deal with co-workers.
- Must be able to physically move around moving machinery
including climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, pushing, pulling,
twisting, bending, etc.
- Work a 12-hour shift while keeping good punctuality and
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of 1-3 Years of verifiable experience as a Machine
Operator, Skilled Maintenance Worker, Plastics Processor or formal
technical training experience.
- To observe all safety rules/regulations and perform duties in a
safe and efficient manner.
- To show-up for work on time and work all scheduled shifts.
- To set an example that is consistent with the position
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in a positive way and
in the spirit of cooperation and support of others.
- To fully meet the duties and responsibilities of the
- To treat people fairly, equally and with respect.
- To be honest at all times and to conduct oneself with the
highest degree of personal integrity.
- To communicate the right information, to the appropriate
people, in an effective and timely manner.
- To take "pride" in the company and help make it a success.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit
and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or
any other covered persons because of race, color, religion,
national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected
Keywords: Sonoco, Wilson , Thermoforming Operator, Other , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!