Hospice Director of Nursing $10,000 Sign On Bonus
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Home is where the heart is! That's why PruittHealth Hospice is
committed to caring for our patients and residents, as well as
providing our employees with a rewarding career as a member of our
PruittHealth family. That's why we attract employees who are
passionate about providing the highest quality level of care
possible for our patients. We also attract people who are looking
for a home, rather than just a job.
As a member of our team, you will also have access to a health,
dental and vision benefit plan, mileage reimbursement, opportunity
for career growth, PTO and holiday pay incentives, competitive pay
structure plus a great team environment that reflects our
commitment to caring for our 16,000 partners.
Position: Hospice Director of Nursing, $10,000 Sign On Bonus
Home Office: Pruitthealth Hospice Rocky Mount, NC
Coordinates the provision of hospice services for each patient
and family, coordinates clinical services for the hospice agency,
supervises the interdisciplinary team members, provides outreach to
- Implements employee relations practices necessary to establish
a positive partner-company relationship and promote a high level of
- Keeps supervisor informed of daily activities and issues.
Proposes solutions to all issues.
- Maintains an effective relationship with management staff,
partners and general public.
- Participates in the establishment and implementation of
policies and procedures for nursing and personal care services
based on generally accepted standards of practice.
- Responsible for coordinating orientation of personnel to
nursing policy and procedures.
- Follows all company policies and procedures, state and federal
laws and regulations and charged with reporting violations to the
- Carries out all duties with a "Commitment to Caring" attitude
and in accordance with the company's mission, vision, and
- Maintains confidentiality of company information.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times.
- Able to respond to change productively and handle additional
projects as assigned.
- Able to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this job
(with or without reasonable accommodation) without posing a
specific or current risk of substantial harm to the health and
safety of self and others.
- Coordinates hospice services for each patient and family.
- Primary responsibility for taking and coordinating referrals
and admissions through the established policy and guidelines.
- Coordinates admission process through assignment to clinical
staff and/or performing field admission visits.
- Coordinates admission paperwork to ensure timely completion and
- Makes field visits to evaluate appropriateness, determine
eligibility for services and present hospice program.
- Communicates assessment findings to Attending Physician and
initiates treatment plan per physician's orders.
- Assigns clinical staff to patients and families based on
patient need, including chaplain, social workers, volunteers,
dietary counselors, therapists for PT/ST/OT, and bereavement
- Orders and approves DME and nursing supplies.
- Assists in provision of training on hospice issues to clinical
staff, patients and families, healthcare centers, nursing
facilities, acute care facilities and community groups.
- Performs routine chart audits to ensure timeliness and accuracy
of documentation and MD orders.
- Assists with maintaining compliance with federal, state, and
agency regulations and Joint Commission standards.
- Identifies, completes and follows up on quality assurance
performance improvement reports including monitoring of infections
and Opportunity Occurrence Program Reports.
- Facilitates team meetings and care plan review.
- Completes monthly nursing and nurse assistant schedule,
including tracking staff absences and finding replacements.
- Communicates with Attending Physicians and Medical Director on
routine basis as indicated.
- Completes competency assessments for nursing, certified nursing
assistant, and aide partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Administrator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Participate in center/agency surveys (Licensure / JCAHO) and
any subsequently required reports.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to
keep abreast of changes in your field as well as to maintain
current license/certification, as required.
- Attend and participate in mandatory inservices.
- Honor patients/residents' rights to fair and equitable
treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and
civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Comply with corporate compliance program.
- Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational
hazards including exposure to blood and body fluids and others as
- Follow established safety regulations, to include fire
protection & prevention, smoking regulations, infection control,
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks
and/or working with equipment.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 3 years leadership experience is desired
- Excellent underdstanding of Home Care regulations
- Must be a Registered Nurse with strong clinical skills
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state where you will provide
- Must have current driver's license and valid automobile
- Must have current certification in basic life support CPR
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
- Experience in hospice, home care, med/surg or oncology is
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with
individuals and groups.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Commitment to the Hospice concept and standards.
- Orientation to Hospice and any other training that may be
necessary to complete the assigned duties effectively.
- Communicates well with patients/residents/clients and family
members providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable
attitude to families, visitors, patients/residents/clients and
responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring
demeanor. Answers questions when appropriate in a professional
Quick Apply Option:
Please email resume to email@example.com
Keywords: PruittHealth, Wilson , Hospice Director of Nursing $10,000 Sign On Bonus, Other , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!