Company: Smithfield Foods
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The Administrative Assistant works under the supervision of a
Senior Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant completing a
wide-range of administrative support related duties, sensitive
assignments, projects and reports in a confidential and
professional manner. The Administrative Assistant will be a
resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced
environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible,
proactive, and efficient.
- Provides routine assistance to
managers on a day-to-day basis.
- Works semi-independently on a variety of projects related to
the campus and business units.
- Prepares reports, gathering, summarizing, and analyzing data;
organizes and maintains correspondence and records, following up on
- Pro-actively manage and maintain an accurate and detailed
calendar for the business.
- Organize internal and external meetings for various levels
within the organization, including logistical and substantive
preparation; manage all travel scheduling and arrangements
anticipating and resolving conflicts independently.
- Track and reconcile monthly credit card statements; complete
and submit expense reports, and other expenditures accurately and
in a timely manner.
- Communicates and/or coordinates instructions and desires with
various individuals and/or departments at all levels of the
organization, the managers team, which may include external
customers and clients.
- Accountable for various daily, weekly and monthly reporting
within several business units.The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 2+
years related experience and/or training, required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Experience providing administrative support to managers in a
large multi-national company, preferred.
- Detail oriented, organized with ability to successfully
multi-task and think differently to drive innovative ideas.
- Positive, tenacious attitude; strong verbal and written
communication, and project management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and preference for
collaboration with proven success working with others; ability to
work with high profile individuals externally, as well as
- Solid typing, grammar, spelling and proof-reading skills.
- Strict ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at
- Discretion, good judgment ability, adaptable and versatile
- Proficiency in MS Office: EXCEL, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits. PEOPLE MATTER More than 63,000
employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair,
ethical and rewarding work environment. GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a
lifelong career with training designed to help you advance
professionally. BENEFITS Our people matter. That's why we offer
excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time
employees. SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGE Sustainability is ingrained in our
culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc.
is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global
reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to
producing "Good food. Responsibly" and serve as one of the world's
leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our
industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in our U.S.
company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across
our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of
protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of
millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a
portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield,
Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others. For more
information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected
veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other
protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Wilson , Administrative Assistant, Other , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!