Grain Scale Operator
Company: Smithfield Foods
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Grain Scale Operator
This position is responsible for assisting in the implementation of
work schedules, safety programs, logistics and record keeping in
conjunction with the facility manager. Performs all aspects of
grain handling and facility operations by performing the following
- Weigh and grade both inbound and
outbound grain and grain products proficiently to ensure all
products meet SFD specifications. Prepares scale receipts and
enters deliveries into database.
- Operate loading/unloading equipment to ship or receive grain
- Inspect grain facilities daily to ensure equipment maintains
proper condition of stored grains.
- Help facility manager schedule logistics as they pertain to
inbound and outbound grain.
- Maintain and handle inventories to maximize SFD profitability
including grain movements, condition, blending of grain/grain
- Identify any problems or improvements and work with facility
manager to find solutions.
- Deal proficiently with customers daily.
- Assist in implementing any specific work or safety programs set
forth by SFD.
- Responsible for complying with all environmental laws and
procedures to which Smithfield Foods and Smithfield Hog Production
- Report all environmental issues immediately to supervisor.
- Read and understand the company's emergency notification
process and will be responsible for reviewing that policy at their
- Report to work on all scheduled workdays.The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to
be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to understand and comply with all safety policies and
- Verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills
- Effective communication with grain customers
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee should possess to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Available to work extended weekday and weekend hours during
grain harvest seasons
- Able to sit, stand, walk, climb up and down ladders
- Able to work in areas of considerable height
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Routinely exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather
- Must be able to tolerate cold, heat, grain dust, grain/mill
odors, and noisy conditions.
- Must be able to walk and stand on concrete and unpaved areas
for longer periods of time.
- Must be supportive of the mission of producing and/or storing
grain and quality bakery meal.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits. PEOPLE MATTER More than 63,000
employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair,
ethical and rewarding work environment. GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a
lifelong career with training designed to help you advance
professionally. BENEFITS Our people matter. That's why we offer
excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time
employees. SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGE Sustainability is ingrained in our
culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc.
is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global
reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to
producing "Good food. Responsibly" and serve as one of the world's
leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our
industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in our U.S.
company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across
our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of
protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of
millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a
portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield,
Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others. For more
information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected
veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other
protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Wilson , Grain Scale Operator, Other , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!