Concrete Finishers - Structures Division
Company: S.T. Wooten Corporation
Posted on: June 21, 2022
JOB LOCATION: Wilson, NC
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 3
Perform a wide variety of technical and physical duties in the
placement and finishing of concrete curb, slabs, and structures.
May operate machinery, hand and power tools of all types: saws, air
hammers, tampers, cement mixers, floats and trowels, small
mechanical hoists, and a variety of other equipment and
instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces
and forms, as well clean up debris and work area.
* Operate a variety of complex equipment including trucks,
backhoes, air compressors, hydro hammers, jackhammers, vibrators,
brooms, pumps, loaders, concrete saws and mixers, hammer drills,
generators and other similar equipment and machinery in repairing
and installing concrete.
* Assist with preparation of concrete base including setting wood
forms and positioning steel; measure and pour concrete; finish
concrete; remove wooden forms and backfill; clean site; spread
* Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and
adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
* Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible
* Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
* Mix cement, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or
slurry, using hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper, or concrete-mixing
* Wet concrete surface and rub with stone to smooth surface and
obtain specified finish. Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill
holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using
* Perform necessary work while complying with all company policies
* Perform additional duties as required or directed by their
immediate supervisor or other manager.
* Work long, flexible hours as demanded by our customers including
nights, weekends, and work outside for extended periods during all
seasons of the year.
* High school diploma or GED preferred, but not required
* Minimum of 3 plus years' experience preferred as a concrete
* Previous bridge construction experience a plus. Forming and
pouring concrete foundations, walls and slabs.
* Previous carpentry experience a plus.
* Must be a minimum of 21 years old.
* Candidate must have a good work ethic and work as a team
* Must be able to work nights, weekends or overtime as needed.
* Overnight travel may be required at times.
* Meet departmental grooming and performance standards and have a
regular and predictable attendance.
* Must have a valid driver's license with a good MVR.
* Candidate must have reliable transportation to the job site.
* Must not be frighten of heights or working near or over
Heavy physical demands:
Heavy physical effort required including pulling and lifting or
moving heavy weight material with frequent lifting or moving
materials or equipment (over 80 pounds). If a position specific
Physical Demands sheet is attached, it will describe in more detail
the physical demands that are required.
Position requires the ability to continuously work around any or
all of the following: noise, dust, heat, cold, oil and heavy
equipment. Personal protective equipment is normally required of
the position. Position requires ability to exchange ideas quickly
and clearly and the ability to receive and evaluate detailed
information and instructions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this
job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All
employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
EOE. Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Keywords: S.T. Wooten Corporation, Wilson , Concrete Finishers - Structures Division, Other , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!