RN, HHN (Edgecombe County Area)
Posted on: May 10, 2019
This RN will cover the Edgecombe County Area.
Educational Reimbursement PROGRAM/HIGHER RATES!!
Full time HHN,RN (40 hours) Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00PM.
1Conducts the admission of the patient to the Agency by: obtaining
a medical history, to include Oasis when needed, particularly as it
relates to the present condition, from the patient and / or family
member (s); performing a physical assessment of the patient;
assessing the patient's support systems to determine what
assistance will be availalbe from family members and their ability
to meet the patient's immediate needs upon admission and thorughout
care; assessing the patient, family member (s) and home situationto
determine what health teaching willbe required; assessing the
patient's condition andhome situationto determine if other home
health services are needed; interpreting nursing and other services
of the Agency to patient's and families as a part of planning for
2. Develops and implements the patient care plan in cooperation
with other Agency professionals and paraprofessionals who will be
providing care to the patient in McKesson.
3.Manages assigned cases and provides skilled nursing care as
outlined on the physician's plan of treatment and in accordance
with the Agency's policies and procedures.
4. Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and
other applicable personnel, reations to treatments, including drugs
and changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition and
outcomes of intervention. Ensures on-going evlauation of patient /
family response to care.
5. Adequately educates, teaches, supervises, consults, and counsels
the patient / family members regarding the nursing care needs,
other related problems of the patient at home, the disease process,
sel-care techniques, end-of-life care, and processes for daling
with issues of ethical concern. Also provides specialized hospice
training to other staff, family members and informal caregivers to
insure adequate care.
6. Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing
procedures, as appropriate, for the patient's care and safety.
7. Ensures that care is provided by the Home Health Nursing
Assistant by providing the Nursing Assistant with a written plan of
care and specific duties to be performed, by supervising and
evaluating the care given at least once every two weeks, and by
participating in periodic conferences with the Director of CLinical
Services or Assistant Director of CLinical Services concerning the
Nursing Assistant's performance.
8. Accurately documents in medical record those services the Home
Health Nurse has rendered to the patient, conferences held with
other disciplines, the physician, or community resources, changes
noted in the patient's condition and/or family and home situation,
makes revisions in the nursing care plan as needed, records
supervisory visits conducted with the Home Health Nursing
Assistant, and evaluates patient care and prepare clinical and
progress notes that demonstrate progress toward established
9. Appropriately consults with the attending or on-call physician
concerning alteration of the plan of treatment and documents, in
writing, appropriate change of orders where necessary.
10.Communicates with supervisor concerning problems of the
patient(s) on a timely basis and
communicates information using current process and technology
available to the organization.
11. Turns in all paperwork to the designated person in the office
by 5pm on Monday, and
communicates nightly for laptop purposes when visits are done.
Makes a verbal report of new
admissions and ER visits to the primary nurse Sunday night or
Monday morning between 8:00-9:00 a.m.
12. Collaborates with Clinical Director to meet minimum 12. 85%
Keeps up-to-date on reimbursement criteria and charting needs for
all patients under his/her care and supervision.
13. Keeps up-to-date on reimbursement criteria and charting needs
for all patients under his/her care
14. Sees scheduled visits after 5:00 p.m. on Fridays as warranted.
Works at least one weekend day when Christmas falls on a
15. Attends and participates in office staff meetings, patient care
conferences, record audits, utilization review, quality
improvement/assurance activities, in-services, workshops, and
seminars when appropriate. Adheres to the minutes of the ITC and
16. Continually strives to improve nursing care through continuing
education, active participation in professional and related
organizations and individual research and readings. Evaluates own
needs for support and uses identified system(s) to meet those
17. Takes weekend call as assigned.
18. Attends the appropriate hours of in-service training per year
19. Adheres to the Agency's personnel policies and Compliance
20. Willingly performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
21. Ensures referrals are evaluated timely with a NPU goal of 6% or
22. Assists with covering visits in other offices as assigned.
23. Displays a high degree of courtesy, tact, and knowledge of
services provided by the agency in all contact with staff,
patients, and visitors.
*CBRegistered Nurse currently licensed to practice nursing in the
state of North Carolina.
Minimum of one-year experience as a professional nurse in an acute
Prefer a minimum of one years Home Health experience
Keywords: 3HC, Wilson , RN, HHN (Edgecombe County Area), Other , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!