Desktop Tech I
Posted on: September 10, 2019
Overview CompuCom Systems, Inc. provides end-to-end managed
services, technology and consulting to enable the digital workplace
for enterprise, midsize and small businesses. Celebrating its 30th
year, CompuCom delights with individual experiences, drives
workplace collaboration and productivity, and delivers operational
performance and efficiency. CompuCom enables our clients to focus
on what matters most --- their customers and their businesses. To
do so, we employ a customer-centric, hard-working, and talented
group of people. Join the team today by applying to our Desktop
Tech I role: The Desktop Tech I provides day-to-day technical
support to employees for desktop and laptop systems software and
hardware. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop and laptop
systems. Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system
security for the desktop environment. Communicates highly technical
information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new
acquisitions and upgrades. May conduct training programs designed
to educate an organization's computer users about basic
applications. May involve use of problem management databases and
help desk system. Responsibilities You will be the front line of
CompuCom and interface with customers onsite at their location and
provide each user with white glove service for all IT related
questions in the area of application support, technology questions,
hardware and services. You're highly skilled at detection of users'
needs, troubleshooting their issue and resolving it or ensuring
that the correct process is followed for resolution. You will
educate users on technology features, assisting with hardware
selection process, demos and training along with provide software
and personal training sessions for users on standard tool sets. You
are the customer advocate and coordination point for all customer
issues and requests --- even if these are beyond the scope to solve
and take ownership of their issue.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm with the ability to thrive
in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong Customer Service skills and are approachable, a good
listener, takes ownership of their issue and empathetic.
- Demonstrated customer focus --- evaluates decisions through the
eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships and
creates processes with customer viewpoint.
- Identifies system problems. Performs necessary system
- Interfaces with other technicians, operations, and customers
and makes decisions on operating procedures, analytical approaches,
and configuration options.
- Follows established process and procedures to plan, install,
test, and implement computer system hardware or software
- Represents Compucom in a professional and businesslike manner
and communicates effectively with customers and associates.
- Installs, tests, and repairs computer systems on customer
- Facilitates the change management resolution process both
internally and with customers.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Advanced knowledge of installation and operation of relevant
software, hardware and other equipment
- Requires 1-2 years of related work experience and training
- A+ certification preferred. Join the Leader In the Delivery of
Technology Solutions CompuCom has a clear vision and roadmap for
the future of technology, and how it can help businesses achieve
- 2018 Leader, Gartner Magic Quadrant, Managed Workplace
Services, North America.
- Recognized 15 straight years by Gartner.
- We manage millions of devices and IoT nodes, including 6.4
million devices, 2.4 million network devices, 449,000+ servers and
1 million+ mobile devices.
- We support 5.15 million users in North America and more than 8
million Service Desk contacts. Learn more about CompuCom and how
our comprehensive solutions and services benefit six of the top ten
Fortune 500 businesses, seven of the top ten retail businesses, and
six of the top ten financial services firms in North America. Visit
us online atCompuCom.com
Keywords: CompuCom, Wilson , Desktop Tech I, Other , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!