Company: Bridgestone Americas
Posted on: March 7, 2020
- Responsible for electrical expertise in single/multiple areas
of the plant.
- Responsible for maintaining the plant's high voltage electrical
- Provide technical support to internal customers.
- Manage major projects such as New Machine installation,
upgrades, etc. The Projects range from $100K to $5M.
- Lead continuous improvement and corrective action activities &
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements
are observed for any activities.
- Analyze project requirements, identify and address design
parameters, engineering challenges and ensure solutions are
implemented accurately, timely and within budget.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project scope of work and
safety requirements, Bill of Materials and spare part
- Work closely with Automation Vendors and Manage External
Contractors on Installations.
- Engineering drawing development.
- Hardware purchasing and panel build.
- PLC and HMI programming, Control System Networking & Systems
- Machine commissioning, start up, and check-out.
- Maintaining the plant's high voltage electrical
- Oversee project workflow and support internal and external
resources to ensure on-time delivery of projects, meeting quality
standards and within budget.
- Electrical, software design for automation and safety systems.
Able to maintain project scope/schedule and identify project
- Create documentation such as Training documents, Program
backup, Network diagrams, Electrical drawings, etc.
- Ability to architect programs that are simple to test, well
documented and versatile.
- Work with Cross Functional Team for successful Trials &
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar related
degree) & 2+ years related job experience.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Industrial controls and
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able
to work independently and in team environments.
- Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good
communication skills and ability to work in high output
- Team player with the ability to contribute in a matrix
- Experience in writing/developing/programming PLCs and controls
- Experience with specifying, installing, start-up and operation
of A/C inverter drives and D/C drives including Allen-Bradley (PLC
5, Control Logix), Mitsubishi, Siemens, and General Electric
- Working knowledge of Ethernet IP communications, power
distribution equipment including sizing transformers, electrical
feeders, and distribution gear for equipment loads from 120 up to
Grade level dependent on experience*
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, one of the world's leading
tire manufacturers, has a job opportunity for an Electrical
Engineer at the Wilson, North Carolina Passenger Tire Plant. This
position will be responsible for the design, installation, and
continuous improvement of machine controls to maximize safety,
quality, and operating efficiency of the plant. Strong project
management and PLC programming skills are required. Experience with
Allen-Bradley PLCs, HMIs, and power distribution equipment is
desired. This position is also responsible to support maintenance
Keywords: Bridgestone Americas, Wilson , Electrical Engineer, Professions , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!