Material Handler - Off Shift
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The Material Handler position, under general supervision, is
responsible for moving materials to various areas inside and
outside the facility using powered forklift truck. Primarily
accountable for controlling material movement, loading and
unloading trucks or freight vehicles and transporting material
between departments ensuring proper routing of material is
maintained. In addition, may be required to perform other
activities including picking orders, taking inventory, shipping and
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives, since 1966.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian global manufacturing company,
offering stability and advancement opportunities.
* Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or using
basic material handling equipment.
* Perform other material handling activities such as counting,
weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking.
* Operate winches and other loading devices to load and unload
materials onto and off trucks.
* Operate a tow motor in a safe manner, both loading and unloading
* Perform tow motor inspection.
* Keep all manufacturing and shipping/receiving areas
* Empty chip bins into proper containers.
* May perform other activities, such as opening containers and
crates, filling warehouse orders, assisting in taking inventory and
weighing and checking materials.
* Measure length, width and height of a truck trailer and length,
width and height of filled pallets to establish quantity of pallets
* Estimate weight of products on pallets to determine whether they
can be lifted by forklift.
* Receive assignments from supervisors at beginning of each shift
and plan how best to meet deadlines.
* High School Diploma or equivalent general education.
* Licensed to operate a tow motor and propane.
* Use computer-operated machinery such as print delivery slips
using computerized printers.
* Ability to interact with various personnel to confirm details,
coordinate tasks and discuss concerns and resolutions.
* Able to work in a team and independently as needed.
What Linamar Has to Offer
* Opportunities for career advancement.
* Community based outreach supporting both local and global
initiatives and charities.
Linamar is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity
in the workplace without regard to any basis protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. Linamar encourages
applications from all qualified individuals and will reasonably
accommodate applicants throughout all stages of the recruitment and
selection process upon request.
Keywords: Linamar, Wilson , Material Handler - Off Shift, Professions , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!