Production Worker - 1st Shift
Company: Strategic Materials
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Production Worker Glass Recycling Company
Strategic Materials is an environmental steward and largest glass
recycler in North America, helping to conserve earths natural
resources. Strategic Materials origins started in 1896, recycling
glass into a variety of products.
Would you like to grow your skills in a challenging and rewarding
career with the largest glass recycling company in North America?
We have an exciting job opportunity for you!
POSITION SUMMARY: A Production Line Worker I is a general laborer
responsible for safely and efficiently performing general labor
duties at a glass recycling facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily;
other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Process and sort materials through a production line which may
require standing for extended periods.
- Maintain material flow and ensure quality product by completing
routine checks on optical sorters and screens.
- Clean a specific zone that may include conveyors, sorters,
platforms, stairs, screens, and floors.
- Wear appropriate site specific personal protective equipment
(PPE), as required.
- Understand and adhere to all company operating procedures and
- Maintain a safe work environment by following our process and
- Maintain a clean work area by picking up trash and sweeping the
- Identify possible quality issues with material being processed
and communicate with the supervisor.
- Identify potential equipment issues and communicate with the
- Any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following.
- Adaptability - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes
obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes
and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals.
Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension.
Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and
thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and
uses appropriate communication methods.
- Dependability - Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows
instruction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality
guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes
responsibility for own actions.
- Quality - Applies feedback to improve performance. Demonstrates
accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks
for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to
- Quantity - Achieves established goals. Completes work in timely
manner. Meets productivity standards. Strives to increase
productivity. Works quickly.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits
objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes
feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee may encounter while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
The job requires exposure to the following conditions:
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
- Heights work at heights above 48 inches may require the wearing
of additional safety equipment.
- Dust/Fumes when required employees must be able to wear
respiratory protective equipment and/or participate in medical
exams as part of our respiratory protection program. Respiratory
protective equipment use may require that face must be clean
- Extreme Heat/Cold most operational areas are not heated or
- Rain/Snow work surfaces may become slippery, appropriate work
shoes are required.
- Uneven Terrain employees may be required to walk on surfaces
where materials are accumulated, appropriate work shoes are
- High Noise Levels - employees may be required to wear hearing
protection and/or complete hearing examinations as part of our
hearing conservation program.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bending bending/twisting at the waist will be required for
- Standing standing for extended periods may be required.
- Walking walking on flat or uneven surfaces, up and down stairs
and on grass or gravel will be required.
- Sitting sitting at certain workstations or in powered
industrial vehicles may be required.
- Climbing - will need to climb stairs and climb ladders.
- Lifting/Carrying lifting loads up to 50 pounds may be required,
assisting in lifting heavy loads with others may be required.
- Reaching the ability to extend arms fully is required.
- Grasping the ability to close both hands to grasp small objects
- Repetitive Movements the ability to reach and grasp for
extended period is required.
Direct & Permanent Job, Weekly Pay, Overtime Opportunities,
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage, & 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan,
opportunity for growth.
Join Strategic Materials
Strategic Materials, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Strategic Materials, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national
origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate
law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications,
merit, and business need.
Ready to join our recycling team? Apply Now!
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Strategic Materials, Wilson , Production Worker - 1st Shift, Professions , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!