Electrical Service Helper
Company: Watson Electrical
Posted on: January 13, 2022
General Summary: Electrical Service Helpers report to a Service
Technician or person designated by the Technician to perform
assigned functions in accordance with company policies and
procedures. They assist in achieving their division s goals and
objectives while operating within company guidelines. Work will
consist of installation, alterations, additions and/or repairs of
electrical systems, conductors and associated materials and
equipment within the commercial, industrial and residential
electrical construction industry.Responsibilities: Perform assigned
tasks under the direct supervision of an Electrical Mechanic. Level
2 Helpers are required to keep all materials, tools, and equipment
in an orderly fashion, demonstrating proper care of tools and
equipment at all times.
- Maintain tool pouch and tools.
- Material handling and organizing.
- Keep work area clean.
- Assist Mechanic with electrical installation as directed.
- Understand and obey safety requirements.
- Restock supplies and materials as necessary.
- Follow specific directions.
- Perform a variety of duties which may often change.
- Work within standards of accuracy.
- Repeat tasks of short duration per a set procedure.
- Evaluate information using measurable standards.
- Occasionally perform assigned task as directed
- Perform tasks such as running conduit, pulling wire, installing
fixtures, reading plans/diagrams etc.
- Willingness to understand and follow instructions.Position
Requirements:Licenses: Valid state driver s license if required by
job conditions; applicable federal, state and local license as
required by job conditions or by the company.Certifications:
Applicable federal, state and local certifications as required by
job conditions or by the company.Education: High School Graduate,
holder of G.E.D., or equivalent Watson training.Experience: 1-year
of electrical experience and/or training is required to ensure all
aspects of the position are performed efficiently and productively
while operating in accordance with policies and procedures of the
- Job requires working in all elements, depending on job
location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, snow.
- Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities
- Job requires employee to have required personal tools with him
at all times (waist tool belt as worn weighs approximately 30
- Work from all types of ladders (step ladders up to 14 , A frame
ladders, all size extension ladders and carry and relocate up to 12
step ladder by himself.
- Employee s personal weight and personal tools cannot exceed
weight limit of ladder.
- Perform work at various heights, up to 90 from ladders,
scaffolds, aerial lifts, cat walks or other safe work areas.
- Work in restricted areas with proper supervision (switch gear
rooms, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attics).
- Wear personal protective equipment as required in Safety Policy
and Procedure Manual.
- Able to work 40 hours per week, overtime as required, night
shifts, work out of town if needed.Skills:
- Positively identify colors of wire.
- Comprehend reading and verbal instructions.
- Can safely use required power tools.
- Capable of digging trenches, back filling and raking smooth
with hand tools.
- Practice and comprehend safe work procedures as outlined in
Company Safety Handbook.
- Operate two handed tools as required.
- Operate company trucks with manual and automatic
- Read and interpret instructional manuals, work site directions,
and written instructions.
- Operate and work from mechanical personnel lifts (electrical or
- Proficiently bend conduit with hand benders - through 1
- Must possess sound math skills.
- Accurately read measuring devices and apply
- Hear and see well (either natural or with correction).
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel,
balance, push, pull and reach overhead.
- Lift objects weighing up to 100 pounds, with frequent lifting
and carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Constantly move on feet.
- Climb ladders (all types).
- Complete overhead work for a full day assignments.
- Must be able to make transition from employee parking area or
street into construction work areas and to gain access to all
levels of the building, even if the only means of access is by
O.S.H.A. approved site construction ladder, or stairs still under
construction but acceptable for use.
- Responsible for securing tools and materials from storage areas
to complete assigned tasks.
- Repetitive use of arms, legs, hands and fingers.This
description covers the principle duties and responsibilities of the
job. The description shall not be interpreted as a complete listing
of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be
required from day to day.Watson Electrical Construction Co. LLC is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Watson Electrical, Wilson , Electrical Service Helper, Professions , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!