Company: Second Nature
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for assistance in
planning and execution of small and medium sized projects towards
performance, cost and compliance goals. Provides support to more
senior management and participates in special projects and
activities that enhance the department's effectiveness. This role
will be involved with Internal and Enterprise initiatives and may
back up Supply Chain team members as needed.
- Lead NPI activities and meetings from early development stage
to initial production runs when hand-over to Production Buyer
occurs. You will determine the right sourcing strategy
- Minimize BOM cost and maintain accurate costed BOMs, including
lead times of soft and hard tooled parts, at any time during
- Ensure that supplier awarded business meets objectives in the
areas of cost, Quality, OTD, service, inventory and payment terms
(cash flow). You will develop project sub-schedules for supplier
selection and qualification.
- Develop and execute on action plans to eliminate or minimize
risk from supply base as it relates to NPI.
- Ensure availability of purchased material required throughout
the development of a new product (order prototypes and issue
initial production POs). You will negotiate and implement
consignment and safety stock agreements with top spend items on
- Ensure accurate implementation of all prices on PO's placed and
accountable for flawless hand-over of parts to Production Buyer
without supply interruptions and favorable volume price breaks
- Works with buyers in activities associated with purchasing
goods, materials, supplies, and services.
- Prepares purchase orders and payment approvals to ensure the
procurement process goes smoothly.
- Assembles price proposals, financial reports, and other data
and information for analysis.
- Supports the preparation of request for proposals (RFP) and bid
- Compiles records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product
performance, and inventories, analyzes data and ensures account
needs are met.
- Carries out processes and standards in support of Procurement,
including RFPs, negotiations, and cost accountability.
- Responds to client inquiries about order status, changes, or
cancellations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Contacts suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries to ensure
resolution of problems such as shortages and missed or late
- Responsible for all aspects of the relationship with a specific
supplier within a commodity.
- Directs and manages all schedules, and purchase orders for the
client account or the product family.
- Ensures product is delivered on time, meets quality standards,
and at the right cost.
- May perform delivery assurance responsibilities.
- Replenish distribution channels to the optimal level of
inventory ensuring that it can meet current and future customer
- Monitor the deliveries of inventory to the distribution
channels and ensure that the proper receiving procedures has been
- Analyze product sales, velocities, and inventory turnover per
location to increase inventory turns by redistributing inventory to
the most optimal location(s)
- Review and track product performance and make recommendation
for product sunsetting
- Optimize inventory assortment, discontinuation of products, and
the ordering or removal of location specific products.
- Design, implement, analyze, and optimize inventory controls and
procedures at all distributing locations
- Drive continuous improvement by regularly observing the
operations at all distribution locations
- Lead company wide inventory counts from in shop/warehouse
preparation, vendor accuracy accountability, and post auditing
- Review and assess the overall inventory health of each location
by delivering weekly and monthly assessments reports
- Develop and implement standardized processes for internal
retail inventory management and upkeep:
- Inventory auditing, movement, adjustments, ordering and
- Develop and oversee system training, SOPs, operating guides
workflows maps, video recording and any other supportive training
- Identify improper usage or actions in the inventory management
system by managing and monitoring inventory related transactions
such as sales orders, sales credits, adjustments, transfer orders
and purchase orders
- Create operational plan of actions for the necessary
- Troubleshoot and resolve immediate and potential larger scale
systems or Sku issues by informing and coordinating with the
appropriate team.Powered by JazzHR5ROdokaByR
Keywords: Second Nature, Wilson , Inventory/NPI Manager, Professions , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!