Production- D/S CAS
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Base Pay: $16. 25Shift hours: 9:33am - 6:30pmWhy work for
Butterball?This is not just a job, it's a career! We take pride in
our employees and our employees take pride in being a valued team
member at Butterball!Join us Today and enjoy these great perks!*
Academic Tuition Reimbursement* Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits*
Employee Assistance Program* 401K* Referral Bonus up to $1,000- Ask
us for detailsPosition Function: To humanely place the birds on the
hanging line in preparation for slaughtering and ensuring minimal
damage is done to the bird. Essential Duties, Functions &
- When bird comes down the conveyor belt, grasp the legs of the
bird (a leg in both hands) and place legs into shackle.
- Ensure proper placement of bird on the line; do not cross legs
of the bird or hang the bird by one leg.
- Check for any DOA (Dead On Arrival) birds. Check by grabbing
the bird by the leg or wing to feel for stiffness.
- Remove all DOA birds from the line and place on the floor to be
taken by the floor person.
- Keep the conveyor line full at all times.
- Hang appropriate shackles assigned to your job station.
- Responsible for ensuring that the bird is treated humanely at
- Responsible for reporting any unusual or suspicious behavior;
including inhumane treatment of animals.
- Follows all work safety policies and guidelines
- Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel
of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns
- Adheres to all USDA and GMP (Good Manufacturing Processes)
product standards and guidelines
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Will be required to rotate to various functions within the
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Accountable to maintain punctual and regular attendance for
scheduled work hoursKnowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow verbal and
- Ability to meet required birds/minute.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical requirements of
the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work
in the United States
- Must pass a background check, drug screen and pre-employment
- Standing 8 - 10 hours per day
- Lift up-to 60 lbs
- Bending, stooping, twisting, and squatting.
- Repetitive hand intensive task, tight gripping, grasping,
pinching, and pulling required.Working Conditions:
- May work in damp and cold environment
- Seasonably hot and warm environment
- Work in Seasonal Outdoor conditions
- Work with loud and noisy machinery
- Work in dusty environment
- Work with chemical or Fumes
- Work around pungent odors
- Working with Live AnimalsMinimum Qualifications
- No minimum education requirement
- No previous work experience required
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years old
- Must be eligible to work legally in the United
StatesButterball, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to the fair and impartial treatment of all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to gender, age, race,
religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability,
military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information, marital status, parental status,
pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.
Keywords: Butterball, Wilson , Production- D/S CAS, Professions , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!