Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Why should you be interested in this opportunity?
- Privately held pharmaceutical company that has been in business
for over 100 years.
- Newly created mission statement with an emphasis on community
involvement & development.
- Exposure to C-Suite Executives and the opportunity to learn
from leaders in their space.
- Strong leadership team that emphasizes mentorship and
- Great work/life balance including a 4-day work week!
- Clear growth trajectory for hard-working individuals.
- Collaborative team that fosters an environment with open
About the role:
The Manager, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement is responsible for
managing a broad, high-level approach to sourcing, incorporating
business and corporate objectives, and maximizing vendor value
including the sourcing and procurement activities for the assigned
Direct Materials categories of spend. The individual must meet
financial performance expectations, exceed customer requirements,
and create value for business partners while facilitating
continuous process improvement and challenging the status quo.
- The Manager of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement will
proactively work with the Manufacturing Operations and Supply Chain
to identify their sourcing needs and develop and implement sourcing
strategies to ensure those needs are
- Partner with the Associate Director on the preparation,
negotiation (T&C, budget, payment terms), execution, compliance
and administration of vendor selection and contractual agreements
in support of, ensuring adherence to the outsourcing strategy,
company policies and procedures, in collaboration with, finance and
- The Manager of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement will perform
spend analysis for the assigned categories as
- Perform supplier, industry and market analysis as
- Rationalize the supply base and develop preferred supplier
Negotiate long-term preferred agreements with key
- Support other categories (ie. Corporate Security, Library
Services) of Procurement as directed by supervisor.
- For specific areas of responsibility, ensure common purchasing
standards, formal bidding processes, reviewing request for
proposals ("RFP's"), mailing RFP's, receiving proposals, working to
select preferred providers, awarding work, etc.
- The Manager of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement will identify
potential supply risks and take necessary actions to ensure supply
Identify new sources of materials and packaging materials.
- Using the category management process, segment the supply base
and identify key suppliers. Implement supplier management program
as necessary to manage supplier performance
- The Manager of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement will develop
good working relationship with the stakeholders in manufacturing
operations and supply chain; understand their long- and short-term
business plans and budgets.
- The Manager of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement will act as a
liaison between the suppliers and businesses to resolve
- Report savings against established savings targets on a
periodic basis utilizing the approved savings methodology. Ensure
annual savings targets are met.
- The Manager of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement will maximize
opportunities in accordance with vendor diversity
- BA/BAS in Business Administration, Finance, or related
- 5-8 years of progressive experience in sourcing & and
procurement of pharmaceutical direct materials preferred.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience
- Working knowledge of Strategic Sourcing and procurement
- Working knowledge of SAP, Ariba/Zycus P2P, Spend Analytics
tools, eSourcing, SRM and Microsoft Office tools.
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Wilson , Procurement Manager, Professions , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!