Pharmaceutical Technician Packaging (Onsite, Evening Shift 8p - 6:30a M-Th)
Company: Purdue Pharma
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Pharmaceutical Technician Packaging (Onsite, Evening Shift 8p -
4701 International Blvd, Wilson, NC 27893, USA
Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and
market medications and consumer health products to meet the
evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and
caregivers. We were founded by physicians, and we are currently led
by a physician. Beyond our efforts to provide quality medications,
Purdue is committed to supporting national, regional and local
collaborations to drive innovations in patient care. Privately
held, Purdue is pursuing a pipeline of new medications through
internal research & development and strategic industry
For close to two decades Purdue has engaged in many initiatives to
stem prescription opioid abuse. We are committed to bringing
lifesaving relief to communities and individuals suffering from
substance use disorder and overdose. We are currently developing or
supporting the development of two essential life-saving opioid
overdose reversal medications and have the capability to
manufacture others for medication assisted treatment. Providing
these medicines has the potential to improve and save countless
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and
excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
We are building an exciting path forward, and we are committed to
recruiting a dedicated team of professionals who advance our
expertise through a commitment to Purdue's Values: Integrity and
Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration
with each other.
At Purdue Pharma and our subsidiaries, you have a unique career
opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new
opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your
work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to
extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to
contribute in different, meaningful ways. We strive to create an
environment where you can bring your best to work each day. We
welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
The Pharmaceutical Technician will efficiently, effectively, and
safely clean, set-up, and operate machinery in the packaging area
while adhering to applicable cGMPs, SOPs, FDA, and DEA
- Safely and in compliance with batch records and standard
operating procedures, perform hands-on set-up
(assembly/disassembly), operation, repair, adjustment, and cleaning
of production equipment.
- Follow Master Batch Records for the manufacture of controlled,
oral solid dose (OSD) and other dosage forms when
- Perform assigned production tasks to ensure timely completion
of orders. Record all operations in batch records, logbooks and
other controlled documents.
- Prepare, verify, and load raw materials, blends, and ensure
bulk product accountability throughout packaging
- Perform in-process inspection and testing for incoming,
dispensed materials and packaged product ensuring compliance with
- Set-up, verify, level, challenge and operate scales, balances,
and other types of measurement tools.
- Identify, report, and resolve quality or machine efficiency
- Clean and sanitize packaging suites including walls, floors,
and ceilings per SOPs.
- Process labeling and components correctly; transferring,
counting, FIFO, returns, etc. during packaging processes.
- Actively participate in Production team and Site communication
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance; work overtime as
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one - five years pharmaceutical industry experience or
an equivalent combination of education, demonstrated mechanical
skill, and experience in a similar industry.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General ability to perform basic to complex mathematical
computations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
division. Understanding of the Metric System of
- Experience in oral solid dose (OSD) pharmaceuticals- Prior
experience in one or more of the following area: Packaging
- Quality/Compliance: Achieve a standard of excellence with work
processes and outcomes while maintaining compliance with policies
and all regulatory requirements.
- Communication: Clear, accurate, effective and timely written
and verbal communication. Strong attention to detail and ability to
write and record data legibly and accurately in accordance with
- Teamwork/Collaboration: Work effectively with others to achieve
goals, build strong working relationships and a positive work
- Critical thinking/problem solving: general ability to collect,
organize and analyze data. Ability to recognize, analyze and solve
a variety of problems.
- Initiative: Ability to take ownership of work, doing what is
needed without being asked and appropriate follow-through.
- Adaptability: Being receptive to feedback, willingness to
learn, and open to continuous improvement.
- Operational Excellence: Embrace and support Operational
Excellence Culture and Initiatives.
- Accountability: Demonstrate ambition and discipline to achieve
organizational and career goals
- Availability: Ability to work a 12.5 hour per day/3-day work
week, Friday - Sunday with overtime as required.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
The Pharmaceutical Technician has no direct reports.
Physical and Environmental
- Occasionally move/traverse, ascend/descend step ladders,
stairs, and/or platforms.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including PAPR
(Powered Air Purifying Respirator).
- Occasionally, transport materials using manual, and power
assisted vehicles including manually pushing and pulling drums,
totes, boxes, and pallets.
- Operate of industrial hose (water) and physical exertion
(repetitive wiping, rubbing and scrubbing) to clean equipment and
- Lift and maneuver empty drums; push and maneuver drums
- Perform cleaning and assembly/disassembly on production
equipment which may require pulling, pushing, or twisting to remove
equipment shields, parts and panels. Equipment and parts may weigh
up to 50 pounds.
This position is a Pharmaceutical/Senior Pharmaceutical level
position. Minimum required education, experience, knowledge, skills
and abilities are included in the posting. The position will be
filled at the level commensurate with the successful candidate's
education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that
the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be
required to perform additional functions. Additionally, the company
may revise the job description at any time.
Purdue Pharma does not sponsor or facilitate any U.S. work/intern
or training authorization for this position. All applicants must
have unrestricted and independent authorization to work or
participate in an internship or training program at Purdue
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity and
an affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to: actual or perceived race, sex or
gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related
medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
religion, color, age, creed, sexual orientation, marital status,
gender identity or gender expression (including transgender
status), protected medical condition as defined by applicable state
or local law, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
veteran status and military service, or any other characteristic
protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinance.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (EEO)
- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
- USERRA Rights
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- E-Verify (English and Spanish)
- Right to Work (English and Spanish)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (English)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (Spanish)
We strive to make our Career opportunities website accessible to
all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the
application or hiring process, please email the Talent Acquisition
team at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is not for general
employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for
applicants who require assistance.
Purdue does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from
recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for any fees,
commission, or any type of payment related to unsolicited resumes
or CVs except as required in a written agreement between Purdue and
the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Under certain state law, we may be required to provide a reasonable
estimate of the salary range for the jobs covered by this
description. Actual salary determinations will take into account
factors such as work location, prior education or training and
experience, job related knowledge, and demonstrated skills aligned
with Purdue's internal leveling guidelines and benchmarks. Resumes
may be considered in the order they are received.
Beware of scams involving fraudulent job postings misrepresenting
Purdue. Recruitment fraud is a scam offering fictitious job
opportunities. This type of fraud is normally perpetrated through
fake websites, or through unsolicited e-mails claiming to be from
the Company. These emails request that recipients provide personal
information, and sometimes payments. To help protect yourself from
fraudulent recruitment scams, we encourage you to consider the
- Purdue never requests money or fees for any purpose during or
after the hiring process.
- The hiring process involves at least one interview (phone,
virtual or in-person). The Talent Acquisition team corresponds from
email addresses with the domain "@pharma.com".
- The Talent Acquisition team does not request or require
personal documents like bank account details, or credit card
information as part of the recruitment process.
If you are in doubt or unsure about the source of job posting or
job offer, please visit the Career section on the Purdue website to
verify the job or contact Purdue directly at
- 4701 International Blvd, Wilson, NC 27893, USA
Share this job:
Keywords: Purdue Pharma, Wilson , Pharmaceutical Technician Packaging (Onsite, Evening Shift 8p - 6:30a M-Th), Professions , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!