Company: Collins Aerospace
Posted on: February 10, 2019
Date Posted:2019-01-28-08:00Country:United States of AmericaLocation:HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USACollins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means were helping passengers reach their destination safely. Were connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And were providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
- Process Fire Extinguisher repair material through receiving, general parts cleaning, parts teardown, reassembly, repair, testing, and charging.
- Document repair actions and package parts for return to customer.
- Strong self-motivation skills with the ability to either work independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a positive, customer-focused attitude in all situations.
Education / Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to be approved for working in an approved FAA repair station.
- Complimentary work history in a manufacturing or service environment.
- Machine operating experience on mills and lathes.
- 2+ years experience with aviation manufacturing or repair is preferred.
- Ability to become certified in TIG welding.
- Intermediate computer skills in terms of typing, navigating screens and learning new software programs
- Must be able to follow written procedures and demonstrate proper use of hand tools and measuring devices.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop knowledge of high-pressure gas cylinders, pneumatic pressure and halon agents used in fire suppression.
- The ability to work in a team to support work capacity in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- The ability to take direction from more experienced coworkers, leads and supervisors.
- Hazmat packing certification training is a plus.
Notice: This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAAs regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Wilson , Repair Technician, Professions , Wilson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!