Local Sales Manager - Media
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Client Reference Code: 247590-1
Spectrum Reach is looking for a dynamic sales leader to manage and
drive revenue in our Cary / Raleigh, NC local media market.
Spectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) grows businesses of all
sizes with custom, multiscreen advertising solutions, backed by the
power of TV, data, innovation, community experts, and unforgettable
The Local Sales Manager will build and direct a cohesive team of
Advertising Account Executives, develop market approach plans,
create, communicate and execute sales plans and other market
initiatives to meet and exceed expected revenue goals. The team of
Advertising Account Executives are responsible for developing,
servicing and maintaining a base of local clients and/or agencies
purchasing advertising on our 300+ cable TV channels, and our
digital audience network of online and mobile websites.
Essential Position Functions
- Manages staff of Advertising Account Executives and is
responsible for activities associated with the following; hiring,
evaluating performance, developing sales skills, and
- Manage the local market territory to proactively identify and
address key accounts and growth opportunities.
- Coach Account Executives to develop and increase advertising
- Coordinate with Account Planners and Digital Sales Specialists
- Provide training, development and coaching of Account
Executives on sales techniques, account planning, account
management, quantitative and qualitative research tools, and
cultivation of key accounts and growth industries.
- Evaluate effectiveness of sales strategies and implements
changes as needed.
- Create and maintain a winning sales and professional office
- Assist GM, Media Sales with establishing local revenue and
sales goals as well as with implementation of sales projections and
budgets for the sales staff.
- Work in conjunction with GM, Media Sales to maximize pricing,
sponsorships, promotions and inventory utilization.
- Conduct verbal presentations in-person to advertising agencies
and potential clients regarding advertising opportunities with
- Monitor bad debt and collection of local accounts, payment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication and
- Ability to manage personnel, follow and implement procedures,
commercial production and working knowledge of mathematical
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in the community, with
clients, and staff.
- Continuously work to expand knowledge of advertising in Centers
of Excellence, and Specialty categories.
- Develop strategic programs and execute them.
- Utilize available research to create proposals and sales
- Three or more years management experience in Cable, TV
broadcast, Radio (or other media), Business to Business sales are
required.Education and Experience
A Bachelor?s or Master?s Degree is preferred; or equivalent
combination of education and experience; a minimum of five years
work experience in advertising sales.
Willingness and ability to travel as required up to 20%.
Driving is a requirement for this position. Must possess and
maintain a valid Driver?s License and safe driving record.
Job Code : SAS587 Mgr, Local Sales Exempt 247590BR
Keywords: Spectrum, Wilson , Local Sales Manager - Media, Sales , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!